• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 91" Yak 55

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Well I finally got to Maiden my 3DHS 91 yak 55 today and all I have to say, this is a great flying bird.. Hovers easy..easiest elevators I have even done...and she float...If you can not land this plane you have no business in the hobby...AWESOME plane. :woohoo!:

20150405_183616.jpg 20150405_183707.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Let us know some data if you get to test the 2:1. I'm interested. Thanks

Sorry for taking so long to reply.....As soon as the "team" are back from Toledo I will get the 2 n 1 ordered along with the large Pro Flow. I decided to go with an Extra 330sc and I will post performance in the thread I started. Will be turning a Falcon 25x8w.

@toysforbigboys Glad you got your Maiden under your belt. Congrats:way_to_go:.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Been looking for a thread on this plane for 2 days, this is the only one I have found, not sure if that is a good sign but going by your reply's sounds like this bird is a fun one to have in the hangar.

Can't wait to get mine in the air, getting my hands on the kit Sat am, all ready to go, got my new eme60 and 5 20kg servos all lined up, booma gear and switches all ready to go, ultra ubec ready, fortitude tank ready. pumped.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Been looking for a thread on this plane for 2 days, this is the only one I have found, not sure if that is a good sign but going by your reply's sounds like this bird is a fun one to have in the hangar.

Can't wait to get mine in the air, getting my hands on the kit Sat am, all ready to go, got my new eme60 and 5 20kg servos all lined up, booma gear and switches all ready to go, ultra ubec ready, fortitude tank ready. pumped.

The plane flies great with a dle 55...with the extra power from the 60 it is going to pull out even better...

I have 3 new planes this season, and I keep taking the Yak to the field...since I can only fit one plane at a time in the car.

Put on the small SFG and the plane will hold a knife edge with no mixing...
makes me look like I am a pro when it comes to hovering...

Lots of fun...

ryan_m

100cc
Weather here has been lousy for the last 3 months with rain nearly every other day and the fields being too soggy to fly from if it isn't actually raining. So today when we finally had some beautiful weather I was able to get my Yak back out for some fun flying. Sure have missed the plane... the EME70 ran beautifully as well. Got in three great flights with her this morning. Looks like it's going to be a fun summer with this plane!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Just picked up my Yak today, looks awesome, love how the surfaces were pre-hinged. my box had 92" Yak on it, thought the model was 91"

still deciding on power but leaning towards the EME60 or 70, unless this DLA64 twin arrives soon