• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

I use 2x 2650s in my 60cc planes. The ones I have are Gens Ace Rx/Tx batts. Pretty light and they have both JR connectors and bigger leads that I put my usual Powerpoles on.

gyro

GSN Contributor
For those of you using Lipos in your 92 Edge, which batteries and how many Mah are you using??

On 92" edge #1, I used 2 of then Glacier 2s2200 lipos, and they were good for 6 15minute flights. (Using brushless servos).

On 92" edge #2, I'm using fromeco 2 of the 2600mah relions, planning on the same 6 flights.

Please note that with my identical setup but 7955tg servos on 87" extra, I would charge every 3 flights.

ryan_m

100cc
does it matter if i use receiver packs or just regular 2s lipos---- whats the difference

Receiver packs are usually a much lower discharge rate, and theoretically at least, are less damaged when you leave them charged for long periods of time. High discharge lipos don't like to be left at full charge for days/weeks and will develop bad cells faster. Or so it has been explained to me before. I have never seen (or looked for) testing that backs all that up though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Receiver packs are usually a much lower discharge rate, and theoretically at least, are less damaged when you leave them charged for long periods of time. High discharge lipos don't like to be left at full charge for days/weeks and will develop bad cells faster. Or so it has been explained to me before. I have never seen (or looked for) testing that backs all that up though.

I've heard the same stuff.
Lipos go in for discharge after flying... The Relions I leave in until I need to charge em

Av8r RC

50cc
Can anyone put a tape measure to the rudder of the edge and tell me how tall just the rudder is. Not including the tail wheel, just the rudder.

Thanks

The main thing is that you pay a weight penalty for high C rated batteries and they are not needed. Even with your servos fully stalled, you are not pulling more than 10-12 amps across the system in 60cc. Since we are running dual bats with 2k packs you have 4k capacity. This means one is running 3C at fully stalled amp draw. Having 40C packs is simply not needed.

Last edited by a moderator: