• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

Fast3D

50cc
DA70, DLE55, DLE 61, GP 61, DLE 60 Twin

wow. lots of choices. I've been thinking about getting an Edge 92 but I got myself involved with laser 60 last year. I think this year I might do edge92 , and may be for the first time I might go gas!! my gas knowledge is extremely poor though, so I have to read a lot before I start this process.

zmonster97

wow. lots of choices. I've been thinking about getting an Edge 92 but I got myself involved with laser 60 last year. I think this year I might do edge92 , and may be for the first time I might go gas!! my gas knowledge is extremely poor though, so I have to read a lot before I start this process.

Hacker Q80 is great if you want to go electric! That's what I'm doing.

Fast3D

50cc
I,d really like to go gas this time. I think I have to wait for da 70 twin. I couldn't even find much info on 70 twin to compare it with da 60. I am not sure if it's available yet. But I am guessing 70 twin would be a good choice for this plane. Do you guys suggest any other brands over da? It seems that da motors are very reliable.

Fast3D

50cc
but I don't see any spec on this engine. is it a good fit for edge92 cowl? is it too heavy causing CG problems? whats the hp on this engine compared to da 60? I was hoping someone had already used it or considered it for edge, to give me more info about 70twin. thanks.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
They have been filling preorders. They haven't updated their website yet.

I assume the power will be similar but with more low end torque and much smoother running.

It is a little heavier than a 60

I think I saw someone on RCG that put one in this plane. I don't know how it fit or how it balanced

AJ told me that I'll probably have to make a clearance hole for one spark plug on the 89 slick. I don't know how that compares to the edge. Sorry.

I know my 89 needs weight up front to balance with the 60 so I'm not worried about weight.