• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Haha no problem Gary, I appreciate you taking the time to get the measurements for me.

Neil: - exactly 130mm across per my calipers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382410787.719808.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got some flying time in this past weekend... Tried her with the SFG installed.

WHOA!

Much better slow speed performance! It was almost "easy" to harrier in the weeds around my field. Definitely like her much better with them on. No sacrifice in roll rate or precision that I could notice either. So this Edge is one of the best flying planes I've had control of. Really inspires confidence down low!

here are my notes after 2:09:00 of flight time:

- Elevator hinges have a some slop. The glue in the airframe didn't come loose, but they move at the hinge line at least 1mm fore and aft. Only three hinges per side... Maybe a fourth would help?

- a few of the blind nuts inside the cowl came loose. Definitely hit those with extra ca or epoxy during the build to save yourself the headache of getting the bolt out when the nut spins freely.

- the factory cowl alignment relative to the motor is a little off (see pics with 4"
spinner during the build above). Going to a larger spinner hides this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382463666.530499.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382463708.063829.jpg

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
When we get burried in snow I can send you a shipment from my prop box for testing. I am down to my last 24x10TH and they are OTS. I also have these props for 60cc so pick your poison

Mejzlik:
24x10TH
24x10
24x8 evo

Falcon
24x8
24x9
24x10

Xoar wood:
23x10
23x12
24x8
25 3DA

Gary or Matt... did you get an all-up dry weight by any chance?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Thanks... also, my 24x10TH will pull 32.1 pounds at 6570 RPMs and 37.4 pounds at 6900. The Vess 25A (which is closer to a 25x9 than a 25x8) will pull a very loud 41.7 pounds at 6930 on the piped DA60 (RE-2), all at 1.18 Kg/m3 air density... like 80 degrees at sea level.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks... also, my 24x10TH will pull 32.1 pounds at 6570 RPMs and 37.4 pounds at 6900. The Vess 25A (which is closer to a 25x9 than a 25x8) will pull a very loud 41.7 pounds at 6930 on the piped DA60 (RE-2), all at 1.18 Kg/m3 air density... like 80 degrees at sea level.

whoa! Sounds like I might want to try a 25A... Seems like my GP61 might produce similar rpms/power as piped DA60... and I don't care much about noise! :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
Flew again today... And as usual for me, lost a wheel on my first flight of the day. Luckily, I ordered a drill press last Friday night, so I'll cotter pin from here on out.

Landed the plane ok, but the gear stuck in the grass, and damaged at least the sheeting around the gear, and possibly the landing gear plate. Need to dissect and investigate.

Good news was 7500+ rpm in flight on the Falcon 24x10, after leaning a little. Still a healthy mid range burble, so I still need to lean so more.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Flew again today... And as usual for me, lost a wheel on my first flight of the day. Luckily, I ordered a drill press last Friday night, so I'll cotter pin from here on out.

Landed the plane ok, but the gear stuck in the grass, and damaged at least the sheeting around the gear, and possibly the landing gear plate. Need to dissect and investigate.

Good news was 7500+ rpm in flight on the Falcon 24x10, after leaning a little. Still a healthy mid range burble, so I still need to lean so more.
That's some healthy rpm Gary.

Do you lean the idle screw or high end screw to remove the mid range burble?

Status
Not open for further replies.