• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS Slick eating Savox 1270TG servos

njswede

150cc
Today I noticed severe flutter on the tail surfaces on high speed passes. I checked the surfaces and it seems the linkages are tight, but the servos have a significant amount of slop. I think the problem may be that I have single servos on the tail surfaces and while the torque is enough, they may just be too weak from a longevity point of view. (Disclaimer: This is a second hand plane, so I didn't build it with single servos. I would probably have put tandem servos on...)

Any input/ideas?

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Today I noticed severe flutter on the tail surfaces on high speed passes. I checked the surfaces and it seems the linkages are tight, but the servos have a significant amount of slop. I think the problem may be that I have single servos on the tail surfaces and while the torque is enough, they may just be too weak from a longevity point of view. (Disclaimer: This is a second hand plane, so I didn't build it with single servos. I would probably have put tandem servos on...)

Any input/ideas?
What brand arms are you using? I have had some of the "bling" arms get sloppy.

njswede

150cc
I think they're spot-ons. Gotta check the arms. Would be nice if it was just the arms and I didn't have to get new servos.

njswede

150cc
Oh, sorry. Forgot to mention that in the title. It's a 104" 3DHS Slick with a DLE120 in it. It's got tons of power and the 27x11 it's swinging makes it pretty fast too.

Husker

50cc
Are you running HV? Those servos are pretty weak(comparatively)on 6v.

As the others said...the longer your arm is the more leverage the surface has to fight against the servo. It is like using a breaker bar on your servo.

njswede

150cc
Yeah, I'm running them HV. I thinking it's the arms and not the servo. Once I work up the energy to get everything out of the trailer, I will check!