• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

For Sale 3W240 - two

Hey Robert......how about starting a poll where you give us a list of 'possible' airframes for your next build and we vote to see if we can 'read Ace's mind'?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think the both of you could probably figure the airframe out without a poll. After all dhall already knows it's big and both of you know what type I love. In the last five years you have not seen anything but Pitts and Ultimates, so take a wild guess. lol Not counting the oddball Laser thrown in.
I kinda don't want to say until I have to as everyone is going to say I'm just nuts.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@acerc My guess is that it needs to be big enough to fit a 250cc Valach radial.
Not hardly, but, maybe one day.
Alright, here's the scoop. I have been scouring kits and ARF's looking for something I'd really like to build, after I finish the Challenger recover of which is on a weather related hold but soon. So, anyway, been looking for a couple months and just can not really get into anything I'm looking at although I will be getting a Meisterscale Corsair when the new design comes out. So the other day I went in the shop to get the Laser and Ultimate ready for a trip to the field.This requires walking past the Red Eagle sitting there on it's dolly. The ole girl don't get out much because, quite frankly, it is a pain in the ass. It is 20lbs over weight and the way I built it, it is a pain in the ass to assemble and just ass much of a pain in the ass to deal with it on the dolly.
So after plugging in some batteries I turn and stare at the Eagle and think to myself "If I only had it to do over", oh well. I did not get two steps away and thought "Why not", after all I love the bird and would love to fly it much more often so I gave it some thought for all of a maybe one minute and went to my LT and ordered another kit. My goal is to lose at a minimum 10lbs and readdress the wing assembly to be uncomplicated and not an hour and a half to do. Everything else will get an redo such as the nightmare of electrical can be simplified. Just a whole host of way over done to clean out. I really think I can make those goals easily knowing what I know now.

Not hardly, but, maybe one day.
Alright, here's the scoop. I have been scouring kits and ARF's looking for something I'd really like to build, after I finish the Challenger recover of which is on a weather related hold but soon. So, anyway, been looking for a couple months and just can not really get into anything I'm looking at although I will be getting a Meisterscale Corsair when the new design comes out. So the other day I went in the shop to get the Laser and Ultimate ready for a trip to the field.This requires walking past the Red Eagle sitting there on it's dolly. The ole girl don't get out much because, quite frankly, it is a pain in the ass. It is 20lbs over weight and the way I built it, it is a pain in the ass to assemble and just ass much of a pain in the ass to deal with it on the dolly.
So after plugging in some batteries I turn and stare at the Eagle and think to myself "If I only had it to do over", oh well. I did not get two steps away and thought "Why not", after all I love the bird and would love to fly it much more often so I gave it some thought for all of a maybe one minute and went to my LT and ordered another kit. My goal is to lose at a minimum 10lbs and readdress the wing assembly to be uncomplicated and not an hour and a half to do. Everything else will get an redo such as the nightmare of electrical can be simplified. Just a whole host of way over done to clean out. I really think I can make those goals easily knowing what I know now.
Awesome Robert....can't wait to see this project up and running, and the final result as well! Bill

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Awesome Robert....can't wait to see this project up and running, and the final result as well! Bill
The kit was shipped today slated for delivery Wednesday. Was not planning on doing a thread as it as been done before, quite literally.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The kit was shipped today slated for delivery Wednesday. Was not planning on doing a thread as it as been done before, quite literally.
Ok maybe no thread but at least a couple of pictures now and again and keep us informed on the progress, would be nice.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok maybe no thread but at least a couple of pictures now and again and keep us informed on the progress, would be nice.
I could be talked into it being as most did not see the beginning as I lost that part to a RCU melt down before coming here.