• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

40" EPP Edge 540 Building, Flying, and Questions

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
So funny story with mine. It was amazing and flew great all last season. Tons of power on 1600 packs and I might move it to 1300 for some weight savings. Here's my problem. I think the wing or stab warped again on mine. Whenever I am flying at high speed, it hard rolls to the right and I have to slow it down to regain control. How do I tell what warped and what would be the best way to get it flying true again?

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
So funny story with mine. It was amazing and flew great all last season. Tons of power on 1600 packs and I might move it to 1300 for some weight savings. Here's my problem. I think the wing or stab warped again on mine. Whenever I am flying at high speed, it hard rolls to the right and I have to slow it down to regain control. How do I tell what warped and what would be the best way to get it flying true again?
Tape something straight on each wing tip.
See which one needs twisted.
Do the Twist.

Go Fly

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Check the wing first. Tape a couple of pencils sticking out the ends forward so you have something too look at to line up, (page 18 in the manual at 3dhs webpage shows the technique. If its off some give it a good twist and try to work it back straight. You could also try the twist with a little heat from a hair dryer. Dnt melt the foam obviously. :) but it may twist easier when it's a little warmer.

It is foam so next time out it could be fine as well. EPP expands and contracts quite a bit with changes in temperature and stuff.

SnowDog

Does anyone have a picture of how they mount the battery in this airframe? I'm putting mine together (finally) and I'm not sure how to secure the battery in the tight-fitting battery compartment...

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Use a 1500 mah MAX and I used a small piece of industrial strength Velcro. It's such a tight fit that you shouldn't need much more than that.

SnowDog

thanks; I've got a solution that works pretty good. The packs I have are 1350's...I've got three of them I'm gonna go try this thing out!

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I just put Velcro on my packs and in the bottom of the tray and stuck them in there. Using 1300 mah packs here. Haven't had any problems and I've probably put 100 flights on mine. It would take some serious force I think to pop one outta there. Tight fit.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just put Velcro on my packs and in the bottom of the tray and stuck them in there. Using 1300 mah packs here. Haven't had any problems and I've probably put 100 flights on mine. It would take some serious force I think to pop one outta there. Tight fit.

100 flights? That's great Chris! Are you still flying it as much as your small balsas?

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
This plane actually gets flown a tad more than the balsas right now Gary. . It just fits in the car real easy. Lol. Great for just grabbing fast right after work and putting a flight or 2 on it before picking up my son from the babysitter. Love my 48 edge and 42 slick but with the car seat those 2 just don't fit with the wings on. Lol.

Got out to fly the balsas just a bit ago though. Wife came home early looked outside and said go fly. S put 4 flights on the 42 slick and 4 flights on the 48 edge.

gyro

GSN Contributor
This plane actually gets flown a tad more than the balsas right now Gary. . It just fits in the car real easy. Lol. Great for just grabbing fast right after work and putting a flight or 2 on it before picking up my son from the babysitter. Love my 48 edge and 42 slick but with the car seat those 2 just don't fit with the wings on. Lol.

Got out to fly the balsas just a bit ago though. Wife came home early looked outside and said go fly. S put 4 flights on the 42 slick and 4 flights on the 48 edge.

Your wife SENT YOU TO FLY?!?
She's a keeper :)
Mine complains on my 2 "designated" fly days each month.

Do you keep your batteries charged and ready all the time?