• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

40% switch / battery combinations

thurmma

150cc
Getting ready to pull my Airtronics dual 10ch rx's and install a Jeti CB200 in my Extra 330LX. I am currently using the magnetic switch and also the Jeti remote ignition switch. the only thing on the outside of the plane is the fueling port and a small LED plate for the magnetic switch, which may go away also because with the new EX 3 channel rx's you can turn on the plane from the tx!!! So it will be connect the power to the box, close the hatch, flip a switch and fire it up :) That is my weekend project. Then I will be replacing the Airtronics 10 channel rx in the big Edge with a 9 channel Jeti rx and magnetic switch hooked to a Smartfly EQ6 for power distribution. So, anyone looking for a wolverine switch with Deans in/out let me know :)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The Wolverine is a nice switch. Have that in my 42% Raven...Deans in and out as well. Bullet proof and batt share/failsafe built in. Of course, it is not a hidden switch, but saw one somewhere that had the face plate flush mounted and looked great! Also easy to charge via the switch and/or check voltages before flights.

Rusty 73

100cc
Thurmma are you using a separate battery for the ignition or are you using the power from the two batteries from the CB200 central box ?
I'm tring to decide whether to use a second magnetic Jeti switch for my ignition along with the magnetic switch for the CB200 reviver or use the the two batteries from the Central box for ignition power.
My central box 200 has +2xR3US so i can't use the TX to turn on the main power , i have seem the remote used and its very cool piece of technology :way_to_go: Are you running a 120cc or 150cc engine in your ExtraLX ?

thurmma

150cc
Thurmma are you using a separate battery for the ignition or are you using the power from the two batteries from the CB200 central box ?
I'm tring to decide whether to use a second magnetic Jeti switch for my ignition along with the magnetic switch for the CB200 reviver or use the the two batteries from the Central box for ignition power.
My central box 200 has +2xR3US so i can't use the TX to turn on the main power , i have seem the remote used and its very cool piece of technology :way_to_go: Are you running a 120cc or 150cc engine in your ExtraLX ?
I am using a separate battery for the ignition. The ignition switch is controlled with a switch on my tx.

I am running a GP 176EVO on RE3's and it is a monster! I have tried a Falcon 30x13w and Mejzlik 31x12 and they rip at about 1/2 throttle. Going to try a friends 29x12n 3 blade Mejzlik to see how it feels.

Rusty 73

100cc
Have you tried Biela propellers from Poland , I'm going to use a three blade 27x12 and 26x12 to keep the tips from ripping the air .
Are you using the Jeti with the separate ignition circuit for this .
I'm thinking of using a separate battery to power the DA 120 , 2600 mah Life battery .

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Booma switch using them for a while they are great and bulletproof. See the attached picture is one of a few I have ordered from them with heavy wiring and heavy duty plugs. It comes with pin switch and a led. All i do is mount the pin switch and done.
Do you got a link Snoopy? I'm interested in going direct to booma, and getting larger gauge wire.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I am using a separate battery for the ignition. The ignition switch is controlled with a switch on my tx.

I am running a GP 176EVO on RE3's and it is a monster! I have tried a Falcon 30x13w and Mejzlik 31x12 and they rip at about 1/2 throttle. Going to try a friends 29x12n 3 blade Mejzlik to see how it feels.
Have you tried Biela propellers from Poland , I'm going to use a three blade 27x12 and 26x12 to keep the tips from ripping the air .
Are you using the Jeti with the separate ignition circuit for this .
I'm thinking of using a separate battery to power the DA 120 , 2600 mah Life battery .
Rusty...the Biela 26x12 is a great prop on the 120! 27x12 would be good on a piped 120.

Rusty 73

100cc
Well I'm planning on running Medium Planeblender pipes that have the tapered end . Got on from Dan 767 in Washington state , have to order one more .
im thinking of the 26x12 so the breakin of the engine then 27x12 for the rest , I fly at an Elevation of 3500 Ft so that why i can get away with the large pitch . The two Three bladed props I order my Biela directly from head office in Poland only eight days and they were delivered to my Mail box , great service from Beila and i will order again from them .:way_to_go:
Rusty...the Biela 26x12 is a great prop on the 120! 27x12 would be good on a piped 120.