• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

Any chance there is slight deflection on one of the four ailerons that you might not have noticed?

Its more of a wobble than a tendency to roll one way or maybe saying its OVERLY sensitive would be a better way to describe it. I think Ill try moving the cg a bit more forward, now that I thought about it the last biplane I had was sort of sloppy in the roll axis until I moved the cg forward.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Its more of a wobble than a tendency to roll one way or maybe saying its OVERLY sensitive would be a better way to describe it. I think Ill try moving the cg a bit more forward, now that I thought about it the last biplane I had was sort of sloppy in the roll axis until I moved the cg forward.

Make sure you have plenty of expo also. This plane is extremely agile and maneuverable compared to other bipes

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I just bought a replacement for the Byper I crashed at the end of last season. I loved this plane so much that I had to have another and all of my electronics survived so it's a no brainer. It should go well along with my Redwing Slick. :D

syspig

New to GSN!
Saw all the posts over the last few weeks, and was able to resist the sale and free shipping. I need another plane like a hole in the head. But, once I read how this thing was powered/configured - that was too much. Had to pull the trigger.

Reason being - I've got a plane I really don't care for (Sig Sbach) that has a Motrofly 3615-750 + Gecko 85A in it. And, I saw a screaming deal on 85MG's a couple months back and picked up four for future use.

Question on the servos, though. Even though I have a set of 85MG's, I outfit the Sig with some Turnigy Digitals - 390DMH's. Not the typical el-cheapo Turnigys, they seem to get great reviews and the specs certainly look better than 85MG's. And, they're identical in size - they'll drop right in:

HS85MG vs. TGY-390DMH Servo DB Comparison

They worked perfectly in my Sig, no complaints - and have very few flights on them. Still, they are a bit of an unknown compared to the vast amount of info out there on 85MG's.

Opinions?

gyro

GSN Contributor
If those work well, keep running them. They spec out better, so why not. I've bashed the "Turnigy" brand enough over the years, but I'm sure their quality has improved over time. I still won't use HK out of personal taste, but if it ain't broke for you, don't fix it

And since I also fell sucker to picking up a red byper on sale, I'd be happy to take those 85mgs off you hands for the right price

-G

syspig

New to GSN!
Any recommendations on Futaba servo arms for this bird? If I go with the Turnigy digitals, it looks like they have Futaba splines.

Normally I'd just pick up the same DuBro HD arms I've been using for HiTec, but have read a few reports lately about possible quality (slop) problems with them - considering picking up something else just to be safe.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Any recommendations on Futaba servo arms for this bird? If I go with the Turnigy digitals, it looks like they have Futaba splines.

Normally I'd just pick up the same DuBro HD arms I've been using for HiTec, but have read a few reports lately about possible quality (slop) problems with them - considering picking up something else just to be safe.

Can you use the 3dhs phenolic long arms with the stock arms?