• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Picked up the bype, never had one before and it can use the same batteries as I have on my 51 slick!

gyro

GSN Contributor
well, the Byper we're doing a review on won't be flying it's maiden tomorrow... the HS-5085mg puffed the magic smoke while programming the TX tonight. Real bummer!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got to see Twistedgrim flying his 42" Byper prototype today, and let me tell you, it made me chomp at the bit! What an awesome flying plane, and his still had a few of the quirks in it that were removed pre-production!

Today I put another flight on the Bype, this time with a 15x6 APC instead of the 14x7 (Hacker motor). Had a ton more oomph at low speed, so that was nice. I'm still trying to get used to it's behavior though. The rudder is hugely effective on low rates, and I often keep the elevator and ailerons on high rates. Even so, I think the bipe-ness comes out in some turns and other maneuvers. It's just ... different. Going from that to my SHP, I find the the SHP much more maneuverable and more predictable. Any suggestions? What are the mere mortals finding works best for throws?

Rick

30cc
I'd say just fly it more to get used to the bypiness (copyright) :). You are right, flying a bype is a bit different but once you get the settings you are comfortable with it will do as much as a mono wing plane and then some.

I have a 15x6 Xoar on my Hacker and it does have good pull-out. I have triiple rates set up with the mid set being in between the recommended high and low throws (25% Ail, 35% Ele and 18% Rud). One thing I do find is I flip between the mid and high rates a lot more. On my other planes I usually just go with high rates and I'm fine for the whole flight. With the responsiveness of the Vyper Bype I find mid rates more predictable on some things. I'm still flying 2 mistakes high while I get more comfortable with it but I am having a blast flying it. I'm coming from the small GP Reactor Bipe and the Vyper Bype is way more predictable.

Last edited by a moderator: