• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

fixing aileron to wing with servo setup

Attachments

• acn.jpg
    acn.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 252
  • aco.jpg
    aco.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 284

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I haven't visited your build in a while. My apologies. Guess I have been busy with too many other things lately. You have made some really great progress on the Dalotel. You still have a ways to go. But wow, you have really done a lot of work on it too. Looks great as usual. Still looking forward to seeing it finished.

Just to let everyone know, I am alive and well, and I apologize for not posting at this time, I hope to get back in the shop within a few days .
While the shop has been used as storage temporarily, I have been busy designing, building , and assembling my new super radio which I will post pictures once all done....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's good to hear you are still alive and kicking. But what about that big plane? How's the progress? Would really love to learn more about your radio.

It's good to hear you are still alive and kicking. But what about that big plane? How's the progress? Would really love to learn more about your radio.
The Dalotel is getting done, all is fine, the second wing is on the bench , finished with the aileron, a few things to do on the wing itself, then the covering process starts, that usually takes but a few days, . With the weather really improving, I will be able to spray paint outside on the big pieces. such as the fuselage itself, then the wing I am presently working on. A lot of details but coming together.
The picture I have uploaded is the engine design we are working on , it will be half scale of the full size Continental 0200.
As for the radio I should be able to post some pictures and specs in a week or so.

Attachments

• Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    479.2 KB · Views: 218
aileron done and looking good, hope to cover with dacron within next day or so. Figured out where all wires go , a few mods but that's it, Fiber Optics in place still have to wire the landing gear switch down and locked but the switch is on so no biggy, all in all very happy,
Also now have all that is needed for the brakes. Using air instead of Hydraulics, with two Jet Tronic brake valves, for differential braking. Haven't tested those yet but will shortly.
The earth rotation should slow down so I have more hours in a day LOL