Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Forgues-Research, Aug 16, 2014.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Some guys have all the fun. I want to be you when I grow up.

Forgues-Research likes this.
  2. Buddy5303

Buddy5303 70cc twin V2

Awesome work! Your giving us all inspiration to take everything to level max. Now if we could just find the talent and tools to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangflyer likes this.
  3. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Thank you for the kind words, but if I may be so bold, the only talent I have is to believe I can do it and the passion, and this my friends we all have,

AKNick, stangflyer and Buddy5303 like this.
  4. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

[​IMG][​IMG]

in the front of the instrument panel you see two 3D printed drilling jig for the tiny screws around the different instruments I had forgotten about those holes but this jig saved the day, did I tell you I love the 3D printer LOL, and below the turn and bank added

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  5. stangflyer

Talk about beautiful work. You have such a devotion to this plane and this hobby. If this plane does not win Top Gun, those judges will need their heads examined.

Now make me a panel for the new 330....K??????? Hee hee

6. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

After Ray sent me quality photos of the instruments of the full size Dalotel , I had no choice but to redo the instrument faces, and will completely redo the front panel,
    When only one full size Dalotel was ever fabricated, and became obscured in time, it was a bit of a miracle that Ray, (present owner of said full size) seek me out . He has been invaluable in many details I am now doing, without this, I only had half decent photos at best, Again thank you Ray for you help

stangflyer likes this.
  7. stangflyer

That is so awesome. It's amazing how a little gesture can be materialized into a full blown sickness huh? LOL. I wish I knew someone close with a 330sc. Just like what you have done with your build on your Dalotel, I would like to have my 330 become my present day magnum opus. However, I highly doubt it will ever hold a candle to the maddening insanity of awesomeness you have conjured up in your laboratory on the 165. :way_to_go:

8. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

All you need to do is start, and it will come true, but something like this , will take more then a year , it has to be a long term project and if you believe you can do it, then you can, Make sure its the airplane you are passionate about

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  9. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Here is a note from Ray

Dalotel fans, there is no other airplane in the world that has taken my
    fancy so much as the Dalotel. I think it's the best-looking aircraft on
    the face of the earth. Although I scratch-built a model of it nearly 30
    years ago, I knew I was not done. Some years back I was going to build a
    larger model but then I found IT for sale, bought it, and here I am.
    When I discovered Roger's effort I was unable to help him as much as I
    would like. He's in eastern Canada and I'm in eastern Idaho. So I do
    what I can and wish him luck.
    ................Ray Ordorica

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. Tom Miller

Tom Miller New to GSN!

I couldn't agree more! To this day, the best flight I ever saw was Hanno and his Dalotel flying the last flight of the day one evening at the TOC. I hope to see the real Dalotel restored one day or maybe somebody will build a full-scale replica!

Not to hijack the thread but the picture is of me and my scratch-built 90" electric Dalotel. It has electric retracts and a GA6000 motor on 12 cells=all the power you would ever need. I love to fly this airplane ... it is soooo coool looking in the air when the wheels go away:)

Roger, this is a massively interesting project! Keep up the GREAT work. We are rooting for you!

Tom

Attached Files: