• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Here is the muffler insert, one down, only 3 to go, I could not find the tubing I needed in the proper dimensions so I bit the bullet and made it from a solid 1 inch round aluminum, a bit time consuming , but this airplane has been just that time consuming

Attachments

• akr.JPG
    akr.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 270
  • aks.JPG
    aks.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 267
  • akt.JPG
    akt.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Assem AB.JPG
    Assem AB.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 234
more on the mufflers, but I assure its coming to an end , please bare with me

Attachments

• aku.JPG
    aku.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 239
  • akv.JPG
    akv.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 267
  • akw.JPG
    akw.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 270
  • akx.JPG
    akx.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 233
  • aky.JPG
    aky.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 254
  • akz.JPG
    akz.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 265
  • ala.JPG
    ala.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 263
  • alb.JPG
    alb.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 225

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I did similar for an engine a few years ago, I matched the exit size to the entrance and drilled some holes to bounce the sound around. With this muffler, in my case, the exhaust was dead silent. Mine was not made with anywhere near the precision yours is but it worked.

Attachments

• 196.JPG
    196.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 200.JPG
    200.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 202.JPG
    202.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 260
I did similar for an engine a few years ago, I matched the exit size to the entrance and drilled some holes to bounce the sound around. With this muffler, in my case, the exhaust was dead silent. Mine was not made with anywhere near the precision yours is but it worked.
Man that is nice work to say the least, and very encouraging, but remember my engine is a two stroke, and yours is a 4 stroke, , and that must have sounded awesome , as I said nice work

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
more on the mufflers, but I assure its coming to an end , please bare with me
Beautiful work. I want a lathe so bad.

You are in great company with Roger. The two of you are true masters of the magical world.