• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
since I can't remove the aluminum axle, I found a way to fix it, , so am now working on a proper jig for my lathe and will see , yes I will post pictures just hope it works what I have in mind
It really bites that these things happen. Not near as severe but frustrating all the same. Not too long after I bought and built my H-9 3.1m Sukhoi, I was at the field cleaning up and getting ready to pack it in. I had removed the canopy to this brand new plane and set it aside to do what needed to be done. I set it on one of the tables at the field under the awning. Now understand the wind out there can be consistent, it can be non-existent. And it can come the hell right out of no where without even knowing it. Such was the case with my Sukhoi canopy. The wind picked that thing up and "slammed" it against one of the steel poles that supports the awning. Broke a good sized chunk right out of the back of the canopy.
impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif
I felt like someone had just head-bash.gif me. Well you know...first thing I did was order a new canopy for the Big Orange bird. Mine was an easy, (though expensive) fix. But I see it this way. Get them damn Gremlins out of the way early so they have no authority of the very important maiden. I think I did that today with my keys being locked in my truck. LOL.

If I know you, You will have this whipped up in to perfect form in no time at all. Looking forward to your resolution. And yes, please keep the photos coming.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Always "BUGS" to work out even after you thought you got rid of them. But I find it true that when we have an issue ( no matter what caused it ) we seem to always have an "improvement" as the end result. So looking forward to the V2 landing gear :).

Here are some pictures, I drilled a hole 10mm dia. deep inside the aluminum axle, the idea is to insert the drill rod which is a bit bigger, inside up to the point of the highest stress. by heating the aluminum, and cooling the drill rod, it should slide in just fine, with this said , before I attempt to insert the drill rod, I noticed the axle weld cracked also so will have it tig welded this afternoon so more pictures will follow

Attachments

• ama.JPG
    ama.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 272
  • amb.JPG
    amb.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 259
  • amc.JPG
    amc.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 260
  • amd.JPG
    amd.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 297
  • ame.JPG
    ame.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 266
  • amf.JPG
    amf.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 298
I sure I am not but I was thinking how does he get a taper to connect into a three jaw chuck. I am sure there is away because you have done great.

and that was the problem, I took the taper part of another tool, with a wide base, and drilled 3 holes to match the ones on the said chuck in the back . I will take pictures of this as well, I'm just happy I was able to do it , and the reason I did this is the original chuck in the tail stock only opens to half an inch so had to get this one to work.