• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes the 300 has twin carbs, but what if simply two gas line with one tank, what do you think?
If it helps, we (my and I) run one tank on the four cylinder motors with two carbs. 5/16" Tygon from klunk to "T". 1/8" Tygon from "T" to each carb. Superb in fuel delivery and sets up like any normally plumbed twin or single. Not sure the 5/16" is necessary, but we've not had any problems.

If it helps, we (my and I) run one tank on the four cylinder motors with two carbs. 5/16" Tygon from klunk to "T". 1/8" Tygon from "T" to each carb. Superb in fuel delivery and sets up like any normally plumbed twin or single. Not sure the 5/16" is necessary, but we've not had any problems.
yes I was leaning towards doing this also, tell me the Tygon you use , which is what I use also, does it harden a lot, mine does. and of course the worry is for the clunk in the tank

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
yes I was leaning towards doing this also, tell me the Tygon you use , which is what I use also, does it harden a lot, mine does. and of course the worry is for the clunk in the tank
There have been reports of the Tygon "stiffening" after 6 months to a year. However everyone I know that has Tygon fuel line that gets hard, is using Ethanol fuel. We, ( my son, friends and myself) all use 91 Octane non ethanol premium. Fuel lines on my 260 are now well into their 4th season. Most my other planes have 1, 2 or 3 years on them. Same fuel line with no stiffening at all. My sons 222 and lil Pilot Yak are doing great too.

There have been reports of the Tygon "stiffening" after 6 months to a year. However everyone I know that has Tygon fuel line that gets hard, is using Ethanol fuel. We, ( my son, friends and myself) all use 91 Octane non ethanol premium. Fuel lines on my 260 are now well into their 4th season. Most my other planes have 1, 2 or 3 years on them. Same fuel line with no stiffening at all. My sons 222 and lil Pilot Yak are doing great too.
interesting observation, I can easily get gasoline without ethanol here in New Brunswick

cut the stab/elevator apart, and working on the hinges, , plus stab sheeting is all cut should get this done by Friday, will show a novel way to keep down the sheeting while the glue sets, and no , not the cat litter LOL

Attachments

• oz.JPG
    oz.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 263
  • pa.JPG
    pa.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 262
  • pb.JPG
    pb.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 253
  • pc.JPG
    pc.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 252
  • pd.JPG
    pd.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 295
  • pe.JPG
    pe.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 262
no those are not saline breast implants lol instead of the cat litter I simply filled them with water, one is glued and drying , only 3 more to go

Attachments

• pf.JPG
    pf.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 273
  • pg.JPG
    pg.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 265
  • ph.JPG
    ph.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 263