• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

Hilarious! hone1er- I guess we were thinking the same thing! Ha! Anyway, wanting to hit the order button, but just trying to figure out if I should go a 4s setup vs. a 6s setup. One of my buddies at the field had this plane and did the Motrolfly 4315 714kv with 4s 4000 Glacier Lipo. In my hanger I all ready have three 3300 4s Turnigy lipo's I had for another plane. So just wondering if I should save cash and go that route or if I just want a solid powered plane and order the power combo today and get some 6s lipo's!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yeah they're doing great. I have some Glaciers that i purchased around the same time that are holding up good but they do get slightly warmer than the Haiyins now and are a little softer. I would buy both brands again since they both deliver great power and seem to be of good quality but from my small sample the Haiyins are winning the longevity test.

What's shipping like from Haiyins?

+1 There is also Haiyin lipos which are a little cheaper but also slightly heavier. I don't mind the extra weight and the packs are holding up great after a year.

BTW Daren, I saw your post about the bearings for the torque. Shoot me a PM and i can send you some.

So you would recommend going the 6s setup vs. the 4s setup?

Stock power combo and Hitec 7245 (recommended) are the way to go. I did use a beefier Airtronics on the elevator (don't have the model #, on the road). There are a couple build threads out there Batts- GensAce 3300 25c and Glaciers 3300 30c both in the $60 +\- range are great. Tough finding the GA in stock. Nothing wrong with the same scheme, you can bling it your way with vinyl!
You are going to love it! Enjoy.

Hilarious! hone1er- I guess we were thinking the same thing! Ha! Anyway, wanting to hit the order button, but just trying to figure out if I should go a 4s setup vs. a 6s setup. One of my buddies at the field had this plane and did the Motrolfly 4315 714kv with 4s 4000 Glacier Lipo. In my hanger I all ready have three 3300 4s Turnigy lipo's I had for another plane. So just wondering if I should save cash and go that route or if I just want a solid powered plane and order the power combo today and get some 6s lipo's!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Shipping real easy. I actually work with a guy who flying these on the MXS and he ordered them and got them within a week.

Thanks. I'd def go with the 6 s IMO the 4s on this plane would be a little light on wt and power. However some I those Motroflys are little rockets! I love my 6 s setup and get 5-7 minutes flying hard.

hone

150cc
So you would recommend going the 6s setup vs. the 4s setup?
I haven't flown a 4s setup but Cody has so maybe he can chime in on what it's like power/flight time wise. I don't really like 4s on this size plane because the amps are getting way up there at that point. 6s is more efficient and the way to go IMO. If you went 4s i'd think that you'd want to get some 4s 4000s for flight time instead of using those 4s 3300s so you may need to buy new packs anyway.
Shipping real easy. I actually work with a guy who flying these on the MXS and he ordered them and got them within a week.

+1 No problems with shipping.

6s it is! Thanks guys. Going to order it now. Just have to figure out if I go with the Blue one or the Red one! Any body have a good suggestion for graphics besides B&E? Even though I like their stuff!