• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet, I'm not going senile! This seems to be a common measurement, as it also worked on my 70" Slick and 74" Edge.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out!

nsg

30cc
The motor in my Velox self-destructed today, so I am likely to steal the one currently in my 65" Vyper. That brings up a question whether I want to keep the Vyper. It's a great plane, but I find myself not flying it all that much.

Any local (local is defined as within 50-100 miles from ZIP code 19067) interest? It's been crashed and rebuilt (see my posts in this thread a year or two ago). If anything, the rebuilt version is stronger and lighter than the original.

cyclenut

30cc
Learned a very good lesson today regarding preflight and why it should be done before every flight. Put 6 flights on my new viper today after getting 2 last weekend. On the last flight it started behaving a little weird- wanted to roll to one side if I didn't counter. I brought it in for a very soft landing, and after taxi back to the pits, started to look her over. Well it was pretty obvious. One of the wings had a 1/4 in gap between it and the fuse... luckily the fore and aft wing pins were still making contact. So I pull the canopy, and am missing the cool anodized secraft wing nut. Will now be checking them every flight :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Learned a very good lesson today regarding preflight and why it should be done before every flight. Put 6 flights on my new viper today after getting 2 last weekend. On the last flight it started behaving a little weird- wanted to roll to one side if I didn't counter. I brought it in for a very soft landing, and after taxi back to the pits, started to look her over. Well it was pretty obvious. One of the wings had a 1/4 in gap between it and the fuse... luckily the fore and aft wing pins were still making contact. So I pull the canopy, and am missing the cool anodized secraft wing nut. Will now be checking them every flight :)

Glad you didn't loose the plane!
Is there a rubber washer or something to put friction/counter pressure on the metal wing nut?

cyclenut

30cc
There is.... And I guess I didn't get it tight enough. I gift want to clamp it down too tight and damage the fuse, but I will definitely torq it down tighter next time.

SnowDog

Glad you got it down safely. I've been lax in this area so your warning is a strong reminder to me to do the same!

Vyper photo1.JPGWell, the big brown truck arrived with the big brown box. My new, red, Vyper is here! Nice birthday present. I have begun putting it together but I would like to have some advice on the rudder setup. Are most people running the pull-pull setup with the servo mounted on the tray in the fuselage? The rear mounted servo with the push-pull rod appeals to me for simplicity. I am just wondering what most people are running in their Vypers. I have the HS-7954SH servo for the rudder. For power, I am using the suggested Hacker A50-16S with a Phoenix Edge 100 ESC and Gens Ace 6S 5000 battery.

Last edited by a moderator: