• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

cap232

50cc
hey guys, just got my 35ra and got her mounted but i'm not sure of a good place to put the throttle servo.. did i read somewhere that you can rotate the carb 180 degrees then the servo slot on the left side (looking at the front of plane) would hit just right? wheres everyone putting theirs?

Yes I rotated my carb also

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I don't have this plane but I have my carb rotated on mine as well. The only thing that sucks is you can't use the machined hole in the case to set up your choke. For my choke I just ran a rod between two zip ties that go around the standoffs.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
short video of my 72" over the frozen lake in 0 degree weather :popcorn:
[video=youtube;j6mUzfsjHGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mUzfsjHGo[/video]

njswede

150cc
You're hard core! :)

Are you using a transmitter glove? My fingers turn to ice after a minute of flying and flying with gloves doesn't work for me...

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
You're hard core! :)

Are you using a transmitter glove? My fingers turn to ice after a minute of flying and flying with gloves doesn't work for me...

I put a thick pillow case around my hands/tx lol worked pretty well actually

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Hmmm...that's a pretty creative and very inexpensive transmitter glove! good idea, I'll have to try that! :) thanks

Just make sure youre standing over the plane (like when u start a gas plane) just incase you bump the throttle when u put the tx in the bag lol

wedoitall

Just make sure youre standing over the plane (like when u start a gas plane) just incase you bump the throttle when u put the tx in the bag lol

That's a good idea . I bet even a hand warmer in there would help some. I went to the kids section and bought these thin cotton gloves . The are really tight but not restricting at all. Works really well to keep the metal coldness of my dx9 from my skin. Fingers haven't slipped off the sticks once yet.