• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow Gary... that is putting it nicely. I crafted a response to that three times but couldn't manage to moderate my tone. It makes me angry to see that picture knowing that 3dhs management seems aware of the problems. There are too many other good options around for me to take that kind of risk. I'm not interested in having to make mods on a plane that is supposed to be "... the Best." I'll spare everyone the self-righteous anger rant I typed the first two times. They make their decisions and I make mine and I'm spending my $ elsewhere for now. The new AJ Laser looks promising ;)

Imagine my thoughts when their answer about my wing failure was to purchase their new "V2" airframe, and not, "sorry, it's a known problem we're working on, we'll get you a replacement wing right out" or even a, "sorry, it's a known problem, we'll give you 50% off the replacement wing" or anything other than "buy a whole new plane" :banghead:

Yeah, the AJ Laser will definitely be an instant hit.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I have tried to get to them by phone and email. Neither seems to work? New podcast came out just before a new container arrives as usual. Kinda bummed.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have tried to get to them by phone and email. Neither seems to work? New podcast came out just before a new container arrives as usual. Kinda bummed.

I've been trying to call for two days, at multiples times each day, but the phone is on a repeating loop: "Press one for customer service" so I press one and it rings once, then back to "Press one for customer service"

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I know I can call Extreme Flight and have better than 50/50 of talking to someone. Aerobeez boom, person.
I suppose if want to run their company like a online airplane vending machine fine. They were so good back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxx4wd

50cc
I'm super excited - I am in the process of buying a used 72" - looks fantastic, about 10 flights on it, and it'll be by far the biggest plane I'll own - I don't know if its a v1 or V2 - but based on some of the threads here it looks like the wings are an issue - I'll certainly reinforce them - are there any other areas that need to be gone over for this plane? I'm not taking delivery of the bird for about 2 weeks but any pointers would be great just so I can start planning ahead now.

maxx4wd

50cc
congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy that plane quite a bit!

Thanks! I just built the 57" and even though I haven't flown it a ton - I'm hoping the characteristics are similar...based on what I've seen they appear to be and maybe just a bit better due to its size.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks! I just built the 57" and even though I haven't flown it a ton - I'm hoping the characteristics are similar...based on what I've seen they appear to be and maybe just a bit better due to its size.

Congrats! The 72" is an awesome plane, and a will provide tons of smiles. definitely reenforce the wings as you mentioned. The rest of the plane seems to be holding up well for me.

njswede

150cc
The only thing I would add is that if you're flying it off of rough grass, you may want to reinforce the wheel pants. Put some fiber glass and epoxy inside the wall that faces the plane. That'll make them last longer. It's one of the best flying planes on the market, so it's well worth the hour or so you're going to spend on reinforcing the wings and pants. Good luck and have fun!