• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

I put two more flights on my EF with the VVRC 40cc. The motor's idle is spot on now and it's pulling better. I just ordered a 20X8 carbon prop for it. See how that will work next week.

I tried a 20x8 and it was not enough prop. See if you can get a 21x8 instead. This motor in not supposed to go over 7k rpm. I am at 7100 with the Mej 21x8. I want to try a 21x10 when I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 20X8 brought the motor to life. WOW, it now has great veritcle climb and I'm 4K ASL. I can't imagine what it would be like at sea level.

Yak55

New to GSN!
I made me a carbon fiber landingear, it came out pretty nice i think, 100 gr, and stiffer than the aluminum one:D, we´ll see how it holds up.

20131106_223404[1].jpg

Yes i know, the Picture is the wrong way, but you get the idea.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yak55

New to GSN!
Of course i vill share, its not that hard.

I started with making a plywood template, shaped as the landingear.
Used that to cut a foam block, than you have to cut it so it vill be 30mm at the top (where i mounts to the fuselage) and like 15mm at bottom.
20131009_190751[1].jpg
Hold on, more to come, just have to do some other stuff in between.

SnowDog

Of course i vill share, its not that hard.

I started with making a plywood template, shaped as the landingear.
Used that to cut a foam block, than you have to cut it so it vill be 30mm at the top (where i mounts to the fuselage) and like 15mm at bottom.
View attachment 18973
Hold on, more to come, just have to do some other stuff in between.

subscribed!!!

this sounds like a point for a new thread