• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D A Red Aero RC 108 Corvus is born!

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Looks good Bunky... If my yak sells this one may be on my short list as well.. I flew the other Corvus and loved the way it did everything.. Knowing eg quality this one would be even better.

Btw congrats tony. We are now "30cc" gassers:banana-dancing-with

N726AC;6746 wrote: Hey Bunky, yup all is still good. I'll let you investigate and see where I have the CG yourself,,, but YOU GOTTA BE THERE!! I'm bringing another one just in case somebody else wants one. ;)

I'll be there buddy! Cash in hand!

Gonna get cranked back up on this assembly. Gonna mate the turnbuckles to the elevator servos, run elevator extensions, mount the fuel tank and get the plumbing started, and start with the canister install.

Wish I had a TV in my shop. The Simpsons are on all day today on FXX. Its a shame that a 37 year old still watches the Simpsons!

Back to "Pedro, the Pool Boy's" assembly. He supplied me with a [MENTION=160]WrongWayRc[/MENTION] fuel tank. Have temp located the Rx and SF for the 14ch Rx. Nothing fancy there.

Onto the throttle servo wiring, and waiting on cnc wooden motor mounts from [MENTION=200]Vital-Rc[/MENTION]. I think the gap will be almost just right. If it isnt, I can chuck it up in a mill at my new job, and take .100" off, of whatever I need to remove to make the gap perfect. :)

9117=3226-20140821_150049.jpg
9117=3226-20140821_150049.jpg

Quick little mod to the motor box to allow the throttle pushrod to attach to the carb arm. :)

While I have the airplane on its back, I ran some thin glue in all the corners. Debating on fiberglassing the underside corners of the motor box..... I mean, I already did the top side, so why not the underside??

9153=3233-20140821_165922.jpg
9153=3233-20140821_165922.jpg

I have the 70mm canister mounts sized up and fit to the airplane. The mounts felt a little flimsy in my hands, so I took some 6oz cloth and some thin super glue and stiffened them up some. I think some well placed 1/4" tri stock will beef it up and make it not so flimsy. :)