• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D A Red Aero RC 108 Corvus is born!

Got about 2 hours more work left on the Corvus.  Gotta glue in the rudder control horns, make a rudder pushrod, and finish the LG cuffs.  Got the backplate drilled, prop mounted, and finalized the CG.  2 2600mAh Glacier Rx packs are mounted next to the fuel tank.  I can go to 3600's if the 2600's don't net me 4 flights, once I get it all dialed in.  Also was able to mount all 4 aileron servos, run the MPX extensions and get them programmed and balanced in the XG11.  I have a minimal amount of servo buzz, which is what I like.

I'm really hoping that the weight of this bird will come in under 28#.  Which will make it really fun!

Finally!!  It's done!  Rudder control horn is drying, gear covers are drying as well.  Rudder pushrod is made as well.

Looks like Sunday for my test flight.  Also looks like Pedro will fly his as well, for the first time too.

There will be some pix.  As far as videa goes......  Will see.....  No big fancy Sleepy cameras here.....  Plus Ive been having some video issues with my phone for taking videos.  When I record video, it reduces the physical size of the frame, not pixels.

It will happen as long as it isnt raining and blowing like Gail Force.

I havent been this excited for a maiden flight since my 91" Corvus took flight in Feb this year.  It was such a beautiful flight, trimmed out all sorts of wonderful, throw it into a crankshaft, and that would be the demise of my 91" Corvus.  87 seconds into the maiden.  Expensive day, I would say.  But assured, only the fuse was totalled, everything else was salvagable.  Pedro the Pool Boy is all excited about his Corvus to fly as well.  So, sunday is the day of the Corvus.  Despite that sat may be a better suited day for maiden flights.  Oh well.  Im working around his schedule.

Looks like a beautiful day to do Corvi maidens!  Chilly til about 11a, then warming up to the mid 60's around 3p.  Cleaning up the memory card in my phone for pics.

Maidened both Corvi a bit ago.  We both have grins on our faces a mile wide!  Battling a 10-15 mph wind, fortunately it is right down the run way here at CBB.
tmp_10921-20141012_1219591739469321.jpg

tmp_10921-20141012_121952518551216.jpg

I need to schedule a visit with the incidence meter.  Carrying some right aileron trim, quite a bit actually......  Elevator was almost perfect, and rudder was just a couple of clicks to the right.

Pedro's is carrying some as well, but not nearly as much as mine does.