• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Actual 100cc 3d planes?

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Are there any modern 3D ARF's out there right now that would give legit performance from a DA100 on mufflers? As cheap as some of the used 100's are right now I am tempted to get another 100cc plane instead of a 60cc. Problem is that nearly every modern design is built to run a 120cc. I really like the idea of terryscustom's viper kit, but I barely have time to put an ARF together, let alone a kit and the PAU ARF version is bigger and made for a 120. So how about it? I really want something that will have DA120 performance out of a DA100 :198:

The PAU arf of Terrys come in under 26# with the DLE 120.

I plan on getting one and putting a ZDZ 112 in it.

Your DA 100 will fly this airplane just fine! :) Its only a 105" wing. My 35% Carden is 104" wing and heavier by 3.5# and flys on a 3W 106.

108" wing airframes will fly fine on 100cc powerplants.

Bipeguy03

150cc
My old PAU Ultimate (the BME design) weighs in at 30lbs dry and has crazy performance with a DLE 111, so a monoplane that weighs less than 26 or 27 pounds will be just fine with a 100cc engine regardless of wingspan.

You won't be disappointed!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a V3 111 I'm considering selling to try a ZDZ112 in an upcoming project.

Been on the shelf for a year since I sold the EF 110 Yak, not even broken in, Bowman Rings, Walbro carb (new from DA and both on this engine since first startup).

DA100 compact mufflers.......not the crappy slimline ones, the original old ones with DA engraved in the front and nice welding. Has new HV ignition as well.

Swung a 28x9 Falcon and tossed the 110 around with plenty of authority. I put it in the 110 after the DA120 shook all kinds of stuff loose in the plane and I was tired of fixing it after every trip out.

$625

Attachments

• _DSC0520.JPG
    _DSC0520.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 495

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
I have a V3 111 I'm considering selling to try a ZDZ112 in an upcoming project.

Been on the shelf for a year since I sold the EF 110 Yak, not even broken in, Bowman Rings, Walbro carb (new from DA and both on this engine since first startup).

DA100 compact mufflers.......not the crappy slimline ones, the original old ones with DA engraved in the front and nice welding. Has new HV ignition as well.

Swung a 28x9 Falcon and tossed the 110 around with plenty of authority. I put it in the 110 after the DA120 shook all kinds of stuff loose in the plane and I was tired of fixing it after every trip out.

$625
Wish I was in the market for a 100cc class engine. Deals like this never seem to be around when I need them.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I believe Herve is flying a DA85 in his 36% edge. There is a video on the tube. The only reason the 120 engine is so popular now is for high energy freestyle. Otherwise a 100 is perfect for 3d flying in any of these light planes. The 120 makes them fly like giant foamies.