• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Advice from those in the know...

mattnat

New to GSN!
check out the best calculator for 3d/ xa = http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2319003

12s 3700 ma seems like a lot of battery for the 3dhshop extra. its not a long plane (70in) so patern may not be as good as EF optons. on the other hand, there are many people who set up the ef 78 extra on 12s e power and say it flys wonderfully.

as for the red wing extra, the forum posting experts have not done the homework for ya. wil it fly wonderfully?

Suds

50cc
From 3700 to 5000 45C to 65C Thor, Gens Ace and Pulse. Some are split packs others are sticks.

The 3700mah will be ok in the 60" EF Edge. I slightly prefer the slightly lighter 3300 packs but use both.

I think 12S on the 3700mah packs may be a touch heavy for the smaller 70" class planes but might be alright on the slightly bigger 78" Extra, but I don't have any experience with that one.

The 6S 5000mah packs should be good on the smaller and lighter 70" class planes like the aforementioned Aerobeez Slick and the 70" EF Extra, and others in the ~10lbs AOW class with a Motrolfly 4325-380kv or 400kv

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I hadn't really thought about running any of these in a 12S config thought it would be to heavy. I didn't think about a single pack being to heavy. I like that Motrolfly setup you have listed. Funny thing is I keep going back to the EF planes when Im think on which one to get. Doesn't mean it's the best choice, but I know I can't go wrong with them either. Wish they had better schemes on the 70" Extra.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So I just ran across this video...WoW...and of course who is the one doing it? SupaTim :thumbup:

[video=youtube;Lx6Y0pV6SRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6Y0pV6SRU#t=87[/video]

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not really switching from one side to the other just want to try them for myself is all. For the most part my Hitec's have been great only ever had one bad one out of box. Can't gain experience if you don't try other things bud. I am very interested in what you review will be on your new build of that bird. You are going to post one right?

No harm in doing that :thumbup:

And yes i'll post a review once I get it up.

(the airplane)