Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Aero Tech 35% Velox Custom Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by stangflyer, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada

Just have to keep giving him inspiration to buy one.

2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

No need to keep me inspired. Those Kolms are nearly as deeply rooted as my "dubs" are. I need to get this Velox built, the 330 covered and outfitted then....Then, I can start making plans for the Behemoth Stang. I am presently waiting for Gotz at Vogelsang to return so I can call him and ask him some questions.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. stangflyer

Speaking of the Velox. I removed the sheeted front canopy/hatch and turtledeck from the cores. After cleaning up the edges and sanding the ends to accept the caps, I realized how much work these darn foam builds are. LOL
    20180217_132003.jpg 20180217_144232.jpg 20180217_144238.jpg 20180217_144304.jpg
    After temporarily placing them into position so I could attach the end caps, I decided to call it a night. When I built my Lanier planes roughly 20 years ago, I didn't remember it being this much work. I had forgotten some of the tricks I used back then. But it is not taking too long to remember. I guess old dogs can re-learn their old tricks huh?
    20180217_144313.jpg 20180217_160427.jpg 20180217_160455.jpg
    I am going to try to get some more covering on the 330 tomorrow so I will probably not get back to the Velox for a few days. But stay tuned fellas. Won't be too long. HOPEFULLY.... LOL

4. stangflyer

A little update on the Velox... I have actually made some progress on this build. I haven't had a chance to post any photos but will get some soon. I am fairly pleased with the recent progress. I dare say this is definitely a prelude to the Monster Stang build I plan to do later this year. Stay tuned, I will get some photos posted soon fellas.

5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    That is two planes in a holding pattern for covering. I can understand at times you just not in the right mind to do it. Just let it sit and do it when the inspiration comes back to do it you have enough to fly. It is hobby and you have enjoy what you are doing or you will get burn out.

stangflyer and 49dimes like this.
  6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Agreed right there.....:love: got to be in it.

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  7. I wish i had that much free time to build but i think i would try to spend most of it flying hope to see you get her done in this lifetime

stangflyer likes this.
  8. stangflyer

I promise, it will be in this lifetime. At the end maybe, but this one for sure. Lol.
    Trying to do some catch up and will be back on this full steam soon. Just like Kelly said, I gotta feel it to make progress. Just have not felt the love for much lately. Lol

Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.