• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 26% 74" Slick540 Build, Maiden Log!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
uploadfromtaptalk1393808870554.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393808896606.jpg

3dNater

Haha... I suppose Ill take that off before too long :p

I got the landing gear on... much easier than the yak but I have the right tools now. You need a small crescent wrench or small vise grips. There is more space in the slick though so bigger tools could possibly have been used.

I installed the aileron servos and took the engine off the yak. That is as far as I got for tonight. Im sure Ill get a bunch done tomorrow night.

3dNater

uploadfromtaptalk1394121120338.jpg I had a minor setback last night. It was totally my fault but I ended up with the prop hub not quite making it out of the cowl. I should have checked the fit of the cowl first thing after mounting the engine but I didnt. When I found out it wasnt going to fit I had already finalized my throttle linkage and set up my choke. I was frustrated and took five before deciding to go ahead and shim the motor out with some washers. I didnt measure it but it looked like I moved the motor out about 1/4".

The adventure continued when I did not have a long enough push rod for the new throttle linkage. It was 10 pm and I was determined to make something work. I found a length of all-thread but my ball links just slid over it... dang... didnt fit. Not wanting to give up I cut the length I needed and filled the ball links up with CA. I used two sizes of shrink tube and a liberal amount of CA on the outside of the ball link and the length of the all-thread that the shrink tube would cover. Shrunk the tube with a match. A nice side effect was a little CA catching on fire... always fun for a pyro like me ;). I ended up with a very solid feeling push rod. I can post some pics tonight if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Sounds a whole lot like one of my builds, sometimes you just get so into it you think your doing everything thing right but come to find out you not Good fix 3dNater

3dNater

Successful maiden :) I only got one flight cuz a wheel fell off. I should have checked them closer ;). I got the missing number replaced so she is rdy for round two.

A few notes:

Trimming was easy... no aileron trim needed.

Roll rate was slower than I was used to. Ill see about getting more throw on the aileron. It is still nice though and in no way a big problem.

The plane tracks really well and lands easy. It was very predictable. I think it is going to be more precise than the 3dhs slick but is not going to tumble quite as well.

Due to my idle being set too low I did not really try much harrier. I will play around with that tomorrow.

Significant knife edge coupling toward the canopy when applying left rudder but easily mixable. There was some roll coupling when flying right to left (right rudder). I will mix these tendencies out tomorrow.

Overall I find it to be confidence inspiring and easy to fly with no really bad tendencies. It presents really nicely on the ground and in the air. I'm pretty happy so far :D

Last edited by a moderator: