• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 38" EPP Slick 540 Build Thread!

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
I think the red scheme is great, don't change it. The black one is cool but the problem seems to be the black paint doesn't hold up well, I think the sweat from hands smudges it. Maybe something like yellow/blue or black/yellow like the 55.

[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] I agree everyone seems to love the red one !

Alixbj

30cc
Yeah I heard this was the case of the black. But for me it makes sense that since the black is NIS and you're asking about schemes / colors then why not just close out the Black and replace it with a new one out. Still I would have liked to have had the black.

GDW

New to GSN!
I just want to say Thank You @Aerobeez for making this one of the easiest planes I have every put together! The only thing that was a pain was pulling the elevator and rudder servo wire through the fuse which I think I made it harder on myself by not weighting it like I normally do! Lol. Ok so life got in the way last night and I did some more work tonight. Here's my progress:

View attachment 78754
View attachment 78755
View attachment 78756
View attachment 78757
View attachment 78758
View attachment 78759
View attachment 78760

I will make comments when I get some time!

I'm using the following products
Hitec 50A spec and yes it's overkill but I had it in hand so there ha go! I will also do a small write up and review on it.

View attachment 36000

All of the following were donated by RCFOAM.COM
Turnigy Park 480 1020kv
FLIPOWER 9g servos with CF arms all the way around.
Rhino 1750 3cell 25c batts
FOAM-TAC adhesive which has been awesome to work with. It's my first time using this brand and it's so nice!!! Drys solid and clear.
Hi 3DMike, I just got the 38" slick at AMA 2017 and wanted to know if you had to modify the cowl in any way to fit the park 480?