• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
How I read c rating to be is...It is the maximum safe continuous discharge rate of a pack. If you see 10C on your battery, it means it can be discharged at 10 times that pack's capacity.

You can think of C reading as the size of the pipe. The higher the C rating, the larger the diameter of pipe. Capacity is the size of the tank, and the motor is how powerful your water pump is.

I like TP packs because they're light, they last forever, and they seem to hold very close to their rated specs. Very consistent QC from batch to batch.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes I get the analogy, I think of it pretty much the same way. I love my TP packs, I have well over 200 cycles on a pair of them and they still perform as good as when they were new. Plus these are Heli packs which run on a gov on a 800 size motor, which means they get a workout every time they get used.

So on with the bad news. I done wiped out my Slick. Yep I did. Tore the wing completely off and the fuse is shot. So if your wondering if I cried or not the answer is no, however I now have to repair the shop door because it has a giant hole in it from my fist. Im over it now. So I'll be moving on...On to what I don't know yet.

SlickCrash01.jpgSlickCrash02.jpg

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Yes I get the analogy, I think of it pretty much the same way. I love my TP packs, I have well over 200 cycles on a pair of them and they still perform as good as when they were new. Plus these are Heli packs which run on a gov on a 800 size motor, which means they get a workout every time they get used.

So on with the bad news. I done wiped out my Slick. Yep I did. Tore the wing completely off and the fuse is shot. So if your wondering if I cried or not the answer is no, however I now have to repair the shop door because it has a giant hole in it from my fist. Im over it now. So I'll be moving on...On to what I don't know yet.

View attachment 35699View attachment 35700

Dude! So sorry to see that, heartbreaking :crying:

I'd give Aerobeez a call, it's possible they have spares that just haven't been listed under "spare parts", it doesn't hurt to try. I'm not good at repairing, I don't think I could fix that.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] Ouch! Everything alright? How's your fist? We have spare parts ready for part support. If you need a new fuse we can sort that all out for you.
Cheer Up Bush!!

View attachment 35699View attachment 35700

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes Yes knock knock man it's a painful thing to see brother, trust me.

So what happen is this. I let myself get talked into flying out of a parking lot and on my approach to land everything all the sudden got real skinny when I got to the ground, it was a little windy out and I was on the rudder pretty good when I landed. So when the plane touched down it started heading off to the right instead of straight. Anyway I didn't get it turned quick enough to avoid hitting a light pole. So there you have it. No big drama or anything like that just me being extremely stupid. Hence the hole in my shop door, it represented my head. I was so :cursing: at myself for doing such a retarded thing I just figured I needed a good wap in the face. :facepalm: So lesson learned, "the hard way" keep it on the field where it's safe. Well in my case "safer". :quoties:

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], Well you point that pole out to us and we'll go kick it for you! Kick it hard!

Yes Yes knock knock man it's a painful thing to see brother, trust me.

So what happen is this. I let myself get talked into flying out of a parking lot and on my approach to land everything all the sudden got real skinny when I got to the ground, it was a little windy out and I was on the rudder pretty good when I landed. So when the plane touched down it started heading off to the right instead of straight. Anyway I didn't get it turned quick enough to avoid hitting a light pole. So there you have it. No big drama or anything like that just me being extremely stupid. Hence the hole in my shop door, it represented my head. I was so :cursing: at myself for doing such a retarded thing I just figured I needed a good wap in the face. :facepalm: So lesson learned, "the hard way" keep it on the field where it's safe. Well in my case "safer". :quoties: