• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Why do people keep saying this? A lower kv will let you run a bigger prop. Get the right wind and it will be great...

True, but what wind be needed on a 4330 to allow for a 17" prop? Would it be possible for Ken to make that wind? Not arguing... Asking :)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
True, but what wind be needed on a 4330 to allow for a 17" prop? Would it be possible for Ken to make that wind? Not arguing... Asking :)
From the 3dhs 72 Extra thread [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] said

"The pilot is a 12 pound plane. This one can be built electric under 10. You can get a 4330-225 and either run a big prop on 10s or 19x8 on 12s."
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] has been running 12s on a 30cc setup with motrofly for a while. I have seen his plane fly. It flies just like any other well thought-out configuration. I have seen posts from bryansisof on rcg for over a year about his 71 slick setup with 12s and motrofly.

I apologize that my previous post was snappy. I just know that people are making it work and enjoying better efficiency and their equipment isn't getting hot.

I also don't want people to take this post as me thinking other configurations are bad or some kind of mistake. If it makes the spinny thing turn well enough to put grins on your face and nothing lights on fire you are probably doing it right :)

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I did not take it as snappy. Thanks for the info!

I am now wondering what it would be like to set up a 60" EXP on higher voltage!

I have run a A60-6XS on a number of planes and I now agree that unless it sub 9 pounds, the power is less than impressive by the current standard. I ran it on 7s one day with a smaller prop, but they were junk batteries. Might be good for XA that way with a 18x10.

This plane is appealing because of it's light weight, so a 6s 5000 setup would be ideal. I run a 4330-400 in my 72" 330SC. the 70" Velox I bought off Gyro has a 4325-425 on a 18x10 and that could be a nice setup on this plane as well. Be nice and light.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I have the 3DHS 65" Vyper on a Motrolfly 4320-450 w/17x10 & 18x8 props runs pretty well on that setup, wish it had a bit more power. Don't know what the weight is, but Im guessing it's all of 8.5 pounds. The Slick is about a pound heavier and is why I was considering the 12S option. That and I have the batteries. Im going to have to just site down and work out the math on this one, because there are not very many different setups on this plane out there yet. My lack of experience with plane power combos is whats getting in my way. But thats why I come here.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I couldn't tell you right now bud, but I did just get the GT Pro RC module so I will test it out. I cracked the 18x8 prop so I will have to use the 17x10
Power is pretty good up in the higher rpm range but the spin ups are slow. I know this is an issue with the ZTW's. Been reading all about that everywhere.

Power set up is:

DM 4320-450Kv
Gecko 125A
Pulse 45C 6S 5000 This would be the newest battery I have in it.
Props Xoar 17x10 and 18x8

3dNater

Ok, bummer on the slow spin-up. I'm guessing your total watt/pound is good but feels lack - luster due to the ztw issue :(

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
That is exactly what Im thinking because once Im in the air under say half throttle or so it does fine, but down low or coming out of a hover it's bad. Now I know coming out of a hover is harder on the machine to do and changing up the prop can help IE switching to the 18x8, but it still feels like it's mushy if it's down on low rpm. I adjust my throttle trim up so the prop is always moving so I know the timing won't be an issue, but doesn't help and that probably wouldn't help much anyway, but I do it.

3dNater

Nah, you need to swap that out until a suitable firmware upgrade is really available.