• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 88" 30% Scale MXS-R 50cc

mnfatboy

50cc
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to posting here, been mostly perusing threads. I didn't see any threads on the MXS-R so I thought I'd post up my build experience and process. I picked this little gem up about a week ago. It's my first Aerobeez model and I have to say I am very impressed with the value and quality of this product. I will be building this ARF as an electric setup to be able to run it at Watts over Owatonna; a local all electric event here in Minnesota. It will be setup for 12s running a Motrolfly 5335 but may receive a Scorpion test motor in the near future.

The unboxing
image.jpg

The fuse out and inspecting. Please forgive the mess in the background.
image.jpg

Test fitting everything...real tight fit!
image.jpg

Firewall drilled and motor test fitted.
image.jpg

Stand-offs are short by 3/8". I'll have to make some new ones.
image.jpg

All my large scale models receive a little paint work.
image.jpg

image.jpg

More to come...

Last edited by a moderator:

mnfatboy

50cc
Thanks 3dnater

Not much headway today... I got sidetracked with a Quadcopter build.

Installed the wheel pants and centered the wheels. The mounting holes and the blind nuts lined up very well and was a clean and smooth installation.
image.jpg

I assembled the tail wheel and installed it. Most other kits the assembly is pre-done. Just a little more work here. Mounting it to the plane consists of 3 wood screws. 2 of the 3 screw holes lined up well within the mounting block but the 3rd hung off and was lining up with one of the spruce ribs. I'd prefer all 3 in the block but that wouldn't allow for the tail wheel pivot to line up with the hinge line. It should hold up just fine though. (Would love to see blind nuts here on future models.)
image.jpg

Again, very little work accomplished today. Loving the look of the MXS-R
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mnfatboy

50cc
Continued...

Well as it happens often in this hobby for many of us, family life has taken priority and pulled me away from this build for some time. That and another project that I've been dabbling on...
A DA-70 powered 93" AJ Aircraft Laser
AJ Laser.jpg

It took a little time and adjusting but i was able to get the cowling to fit nice with a very tight Spinner gap.
Spinner gap.jpg

Since this is an electric setup I had a hard time finding a spinner the right size. I settled for a 3.25 Great Planes for now. Looks a little small but will keep searching.
Front Shot.jpg

I was able to get all the Savox servos installed and extensions sleeved. I am running SV-1270 for elevators and ailerons and I'm giving the SB-2230 a run on the rudder.
Inside1.jpg
Inside2.jpg

My little man and future pilot popped out to lend a hand
little man.jpg

Finally, wings are on and nearly ready for a maiden flight. Ailerons are slightly warped so I will have to try and straighten those out and program my TX then I'll be... :flyer:
Finished.jpg

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
+1 what 3dNater said... Awesome looking plane and awesome job putting it together. Hey guy's whats the story on these MXS's. How do they compare to the Extra's, Edges, Slick's, Yak's and so on. I love the looks of them. Really like the nose, looks kinda mean. So as far as flying do they compare to other planes or are is it an experience all to itself? BTW Im talking about electric versions only please. :)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have not flown one... would love to sometime to get a feel for one.
I have seen [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION]'s EF mxs and it appears to fly very very nice. Awesome tumbles, looks like it tracks really well, I know AKfreak is still getting used to harrier with a gas motor but we have a pro pilot that says it is one one the best 3d planes he has flown. AKfreak can fill in more details as I was not there.

My point is... if it flies like the EF design it will be really awesome.