• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 v2 (50cc)

njswede

150cc
So I finally got this baby in the air and it didn't disappoint! Due to a servo problem, I only got two flights on it, but the impressions so far are:

* Flies very light. Floaty, but not to the point where it doesn't want to land.
* Easy to land. Comes in on a perfect slope on high idle and touches down gently pretty much hands off.
* Stable in harriers. There were gusts up to 20 mph which tended to knock it around a bit, but it was easy to correct for.
* Surprisingly locked-in hovers. I had no problem holding steady hovers despite the gusty wind.
* I didn't want to do too many high-energy maneuvers before I know nothing is loose, but I tried a couple of pop-tops and it seemed easy to control.
* Tons of rudder authority! Elevator authority is nice too.
* Tracks straight and clean.
* Once I got it properly tuned, the DA50 hauls this lightweight plane with authority. I wouldn't call it over-powered, but it's just the right amount of power. Good pull-outs and vertical. Thanks for the deal on the engine, [MENTION=712]bbrown2828[/MENTION]! It runs great! (And it was probably perfectly tuned before my fat fingers started messing with it...)

The only small minus I would give the plane is that the wing tube has a slightly loose fit in the receiver tube. There was a small amount of wobble, but it didn't seem to affect anything. I'll probably just wrap the wing tube with a single turn of packing tape.

I'm going to go over all the connections now and make sure I fix my servo problems so I can get it back in the air and get some photos and video.

Special thanks to [MENTION=293]dskuro95[/MENTION] and [MENTION=77]zmonster97[/MENTION] for assistance with the maiden and tuning the engine!

njswede

150cc
Oh, one more minor thing: The wing bolts are about 1/8" too long, which makes them hit something inside the wing and preventing them from holding the wing snugly. I could just have filed them down a bit, but [MENTION=293]dskuro95[/MENTION] was nice enough to give me a set of slightly shorter bolts he happened to have in his field box.

So if the fine people at Aerobeez are reading this, you may want to check that the wing bolts are the right length. Really not a big deal, but such a great model kind of deserves to have all the hardware in perfect order. However, overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the airframe and the hardware.

dskuro95

100cc
So I finally got this baby in the air and it didn't disappoint! Due to a servo problem, I only got two flights on it, but the impressions so far are:

* Flies very light. Floaty, but not to the point where it doesn't want to land.
* Easy to land. Comes in on a perfect slope on high idle and touches down gently pretty much hands off.
* Stable in harriers. There were gusts up to 20 mph which tended to knock it around a bit, but it was easy to correct for.
* Surprisingly locked-in hovers. I had no problem holding steady hovers despite the gusty wind.
* I didn't want to do too many high-energy maneuvers before I know nothing is loose, but I tried a couple of pop-tops and it seemed easy to control.
* Tons of rudder authority! Elevator authority is nice too.
* Tracks straight and clean.
* Once I got it properly tuned, the DA50 hauls this lightweight plane with authority. I wouldn't call it over-powered, but it's just the right amount of power. Good pull-outs and vertical. Thanks for the deal on the engine, [MENTION=712]bbrown2828[/MENTION]! It runs great! (And it was probably perfectly tuned before my fat fingers started messing with it...)

The only small minus I would give the plane is that the wing tube has a slightly loose fit in the receiver tube. There was a small amount of wobble, but it didn't seem to affect anything. I'll probably just wrap the wing tube with a single turn of packing tape.

I'm going to go over all the connections now and make sure I fix my servo problems so I can get it back in the air and get some photos and video.

Special thanks to [MENTION=293]dskuro95[/MENTION] and [MENTION=77]zmonster97[/MENTION] for assistance with the maiden and tuning the engine!

Glad i could help Pontus. Nice report. Time to stress test it!

njswede

150cc
They call us the "3D Amigos"... :)

GCA May 17 Meeting-10.jpg

We're almost as good looking as that Slick! :)

njswede

150cc
Will my DLE 55 be enough power? And also, when will this be back in stock [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION]?

As far as I can tell, DLE55 would be a perfect engine for this plane. As I said, the DA50 pulled it with authority but without feeling over-powered. The DLE55 has a tad more thrust and about the same weight, so it should be a great fit. I think some of the demo videos are flown with a DLE55. [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] can chime in!