• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

after market ignition

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
not a problem at all Kork, the next time someone cruises through and see this thread they might find their own problem or at least feel comfortable asking about it themselves.

glad you found the problem.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I do come here from time to time.

My single ignitions are RCAME

I put my own labels on them with month and year sold so I can keep track of what I have sold and when sold.

Milton

nice to see you know where to find us Milton! you helped me out a while back with an old YDA-56 I (shouldn't have) bought.

any interest in a vendor support forum? you've always been a reliable dude so I'd be happy to help you out somehow.

I second the idea of buying from Milton. I bought an ignition from him a few months back. His videos on how to set timing are straight forward. Sent my DA-50 in for service with Milton's ignition included and DA never said a word about it. So if you replace the whole thing go with Milton!

BJ Swope

thurmma

150cc
@kork glad to hear that you found the issue! No need to apologize. There may be other people in the same boat that will view your answer and find their issue also :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I guess I owe GSN members an apology.
I came out to the shop to try straight battery to ignition. I took off my plastic loom and walah....
I found my high speed miss and also my brown out/crash a month ago....
I will try replacing the boot but I think I still may want a new ignition.
I feel like MORON now
I had a similar problem with my 3w 157 ignition. My miss would only happen occasionally and it mystified me for over a year. Heck, I nearly lost the plane more than once and I attributed it to my radio or my setup. But since none of my other planes were having issues and all of the others are pretty much a carbon copy on setup, I quickly deduced it had to be something else. I went through "EVERYTHING", including completely stripping my 260, re-wiring the entire aircraft, replacing every servo, rx., and SF board. Relocating the ignition module, ducting cool air over the module... Nothing made it better. I finally got fed up and gave Milton a call. Considering the new 3w ignition was nearly $250.00 dollars with shipping, it seemed like a logical choice. Especially since my conversation with Milton produced some really high hopes of what my problem has been. $90.00 dollars to my door gave me an RCExl ignition with pick up sensor. I bolted in place with zero issues of timing. Plugged in the ignition battery and went flying. I have never seen this 157 with such a snappy throttle as what it now has. Not a single miss, not a single stumble, not a single twitch, jump or weird occurrence since installing the RCExl ignition. I'm very thankful for all the help Milton gave me.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The braided "shielding" is probably the most overlooked and most important part for good operation. I see a lot of guys discard the plastic spiral wrap when new and only use it as a "fix" when they see the braiding chaff and expose the inside insulation of the HV conductor wire. The old 72 Mhz radios would let you know of the problem a lot faster than todays 2.4 Ghz. I also see a lot of really clean and sound installs here on GSN where the plug wire ha been covered and protected extremely well and installed in a way that vibration will have no ill affect on it.

Nothing made it better. I finally got fed up and gave Milton a call. Considering the new 3w ignition was nearly $250.00 dollars with shipping, it seemed like a logical choice. Especially since my conversation with Milton produced some really high hopes of what my problem has been. $90.00 dollars to my door gave me an RCExl ignition with pick up sensor. I bolted in place with zero issues of timing. Plugged in the ignition battery and went flying. I have never seen this 157 with such a snappy throttle as what it now has. Not a single miss, not a single stumble, not a single twitch, jump or weird occurrence since installing the RCExl ignition. I'm very thankful for all the help Milton gave me.

This is the same feed back I get from other customers, I have been selling ignition conversion for 3W-DA and ZDZ for over three years and as I know of no one has had a problem with them.

Milton