• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Another 91" EF Yak 54 Build

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I've got a little under 20 flights on mine and love it. Awesome rolling airplane.

I have flown it with and without a spinner and the spinner improved precision and rolling performance drastically. It was really shocking how much better it flies with a spinner.

It also came out a bit tail heavy with a DA 60 and RE2. With the DLE 61 it should balance easily.

AmiT

New to GSN!
Hey Guys,

My 1st post in the Forum ... I picked up My EF 91" yak today and wow i am happy ... now thinking to put the DLE 61 on it ... How's the performance for Pure 3D on it vs the Da 70...i really cant cough up the huge $$$ for da right now.

~Cheers
AmiT

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey Guys,

My 1st post in the Forum ... I picked up My EF 91" yak today and wow i am happy ... now thinking to put the DLE 61 on it ... How's the performance for Pure 3D on it vs the Da 70...i really cant cough up the huge $$$ for da right now.

~Cheers
AmiT

Congrats on the new plane and welcome to the forum! As you mentioned, the DA70 would be sweet, but if you can't afford it, the GP61 definitely out performs a DLE61 in my opinion. I've had both... Now just have GP.

Sarlacc

50cc
Well, just to keep this thread updated. I have put about 20 flights on my yak, and have found that it is very easy to lock into a hover, however, with a 24x9 prop my DLE 61 will hover it just about 1/4 throttle. I dialed back my prop to a 23b vess for grins, then to a Xoar 23 3da. I was playing around with upright harriers and noticed I had a lot of wing rock, I put my 24x9 back on, and some of the rock went away. I am going to play with the CG a little to see if I can make the ass drop a little more. In a 45 degree upline at half thottle I am falling out of the climb, so it is nose heavy with the DLE 61 running stock exhaust. I run a single A123 just behind the wing tube, I am going to move the battery a section back to see if that does anything to combat the wing rock.

I haven't tried a GP61, so I can't talk any smack, but I want to wait till the end of the season to see if any of them end up going in for warranty. I won't spend DA money....I just wont. I have had them, and DLE has consistantly slaughetered them in performance and value. It is pretty much matter of opinion on your engine. Just buy one, and have no regrets, that is the best advice anyone ever gave me. Don't over think it, just do it.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I have had the 91 and had both the DA-60 and the DA-70 on it, and you will definitely want the bigger heavier motor on it. The plane wants to come out tail heavy and I had both rx lipo's up as far as I could get them and a ignition battery on the side of the motor box.

009.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey Gyro, where are my decal proofs? or are you waiting on me for measurements?

Yes, I think I was waiting on measurements... and/or I might have forgotten about it :(

you still have my email right? please shoot me some measurements, and I'll work up a proof for you asap.

AmiT

New to GSN!
Wow the world is so small and the internet only get's people together .... I am 100% i am talking to Russ :). Thanka a ton buddy for the help ..... i live on singapore that is a pure tropical climate country with high humidity heat and rain :) .. and a lot of ppl here run DLE i am yet to see anyone running a DA. having said that i just want to ensure i have the right powerplant (cant go shopping everytime :) ). Thanks again buddy. so i am leaning towards DLE

Thanks to all those who responded too. really appreciate the help guys, you are all cool Dudes :)

Sarlacc

50cc
Wow the world is so small and the internet only get's people together .... I am 100% i am talking to Russ :). Thanka a ton buddy for the help ..... i live on singapore that is a pure tropical climate country with high humidity heat and rain :)

Yes, that's me. It is a small world.
The climate there sounds just like Tennessee. Rain, heat, humidity.

I will never claim to know much, but I will always try to help anyway I can.