• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Any Monokote users here?

mikeh

70cc twin V2
I had issues with true red, color didn't match from roll to roll. I was able to make it all work. This plane was covered a few yrs ago

Attachments

• 20141114_151456.jpg
    20141114_151456.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 433
  • 20141114_151444.jpg
    20141114_151444.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 438
I had issues with true red, color didn't match from roll to roll. I was able to make it all work. This plane was covered a few yrs ago
Thats what most run into with buying just 6' rolls. Save yourself a little headache, and splurge on the 25' roll. It is countless as to how many 25' rolls I have used up over the years in using MonoKote.

Thats what most run into with buying just 6' rolls. Save yourself a little headache, and splurge on the 25' roll. It is countless as to how many 25' rolls I have used up over the years in using MonoKote.

Over the years, I have always bought the large rolls .... Monokote, Ultracote or Solartex. But on my last project, I bought a large roll and it was the nasty Monokote that would not shrink or stick to itself. I gambled and bought several 6' rolls that worked great except for the scratch problem. I was short material though and later had to buy (2) more rolls that were slightly off color though I was able to deal with that by selective placement of the covering on wing bottoms, etc. You can return anything to Tower so the 25' roll went back. I hope that one day they get the Monokote issues resolved and we have a consistent product once again.