• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Anyone out there have a 73" Pilot RC YAK54

The pilot RC planes are going to be heavier than the 71 slicks Im I'm building the pilot RC edge right now with a mentor 38 cc motor hope to have it done this weekend I also have the pilot RC yak. 30 CC new in the box waiting to be built

gyro

GSN Contributor
The pilot RC planes are going to be heavier than the 71 slicks Im I'm building the pilot RC edge right now with a mentor 38 cc motor hope to have it done this weekend I also have the pilot RC yak. 30 CC new in the box waiting to be built

I've heard good stuff about the 30cc Yak, that is why I wanted one. Hopefully you'll do a good build log and mini review once you start the build :)

I ordered one of these this week. I need a airframe to break in a new GT33 that was slotted for Bigfoot. Since that is delayed I decided to spend the money to get a airframe and I wanted to give Pilot a try. This will be my 10th 30cc class build and seeing how put together the pilots seem to be I want to try a challenge to see if I can assemble it in one day or not.

Gear I have assembled for this one:
O.S. GT33
tech aero IBEC
Solar 770 and 771 servos
Fromeco Wolvernine switch
JR adjustable servo arms
AR8000 with TM1000
45mm standoffs
Tru Turn 3" spinner

If I like this plane too much my 71 slick gasser will just have to loose it's GT33 to bigfoot. The only "budget" part to this build is the servos and I am going to give the stock fuel system a try. Probably add my usual 2 filters. I really hate tiller type tailwheels and this one will probably go, but I will inspect it when I get it.

I ran the VVRC 40 twin on mine at the end. Sold it to a friend and he put the CM6 version of the twin on it. I clocked mine at 113 mph with a Spektrum GPS telemetry module on a 20x10 Xoar. This plane would probably like a pipe, but there is no tunnel.