• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Starting to look good again. Are you going to paint it or plastic coat again.
Ultracote…… Definitely don't want the added weight of Stits on this one. I found a side view image so I can project to the airframe and draw out the lines. It look's really complicated but when you look at each color piece it is kind of simple. The pic is a different color but the same scheme.

Attachments

• Laser - Copy.jpg
    Laser - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Boy you are not fooling around that was a quick fix. Now all you need to do is cover it by Monday it will be flying.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The sheeting is on, next will be pull all the clamps and tape then trim it and sand everything in prep for covering, then cover. I checked the canopy hatch and cowl for fit, like a glove. I won't be back on it until Monday as the wife has asked I put all the outdoor Christmas up tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1090393.JPG
    P1090393.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 310

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It will be intermittent today between the wife and shop but that is ok because I really need to go slow and do it well. Not like I did on the GP Pitts, don't need no redo on this one. So it has begun, the first piece is on.

Attachments

• P1090394.JPG
    P1090394.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 311

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I got the blue on when my eldest called up and asked me for a brake job. Turns out he meant a full brake job, pads, rotors, and calipers. Uhhh….

Attachments

• P1090398.JPG
    P1090398.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 239

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And I was no more than done and the wife asked for more lights. So maybe tomorrow I can wrap the covering up. On a positive note I decided to buy new wings. I just don't want to be building or trying to build right now.