• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? Anyone try nanotech aspec batteries

Got these two to try out. Anyone else try these?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376529772.914027.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I just picked up a couple 3s 2200 45c nanotec packs. These were not my first choice but I have been having decent results. I only have about 20 cycles on one and maybe 5 on the other. I am curious to see how these work out for you.

Feral

I've used nano-techs in the past. they perform nice out of the box, but faded quickly, lost cells, and puffed. Personally not a fan.

I'm with Gyro on that 1 I've got a stack of dead nano's A specs included

DO NOT RUN THEM IN HELIS FOR 3D
They can't handle it and I'd be scepticle running them hard in planes I've had them explode in flight

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I've got a couple of the 65c A-spec. They perform quite well but no better than the same size Gens-Ace rated at 30c. In fact the Gens-Ace is about 25% lower I.R. so will hold voltage a little better.

As they are more expensive than the Gens-Ace and the same weight but have higher I.R. I cant recommend them.

just an update for you guys. the aspec and the 65 c rated nanotech are doing just fine but they are much heavier than my lower c rated glaciers and perfomance difference in my 60 inch electrics is just not there. so in summary they are heavier, more expensive and at least for 60 inch airplanes seems to offer no performance difference. i'm mainly using glacier packs and now trying some of the yellowjacket packs but i'm probably done with nanotechs from now on as far as larger packs go. i don't think there is anything inferior about the nanotechs i've had as the only puffing i had from them were related to improper use/storage but i just don't like dealing with hobbyking if i can help it :)