• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: 75" MXS from Aerobeez. First weekend in the air...

It seems a bit heavy, RTF wieght would be around 11+ lbs. The wing area also seems lower than most airframes in the 30cc size. How does it slow down/float when you come off the throttle? Nice looking airframe for sure, and thanks for the review!

It is slightly heavier that some of the comparable sized 3dhs planes. I am still playing with what size lipos to run in it and that will have a lot a effect on the float...etc. Right now with the heavier 4s 5000mah packs it carries a lot of speed and makes for really nice high speed tumbles and violence since, I assume, the additional weight helps it carry through the maneuver better. I have noticed that with 4s 4000mah packs it is a lighter flying plane, as expected. It does have a lot of the same flying character than my EF 48" mxs has, IMO. Obviously it "fly's bigger" but I would not consider it a floaty plane, but violent it is!

It is slightly heavier that some of the comparable sized 3dhs planes. I am still playing with what size lipos to run in it and that will have a lot a effect on the float...etc. Right now with the heavier 4s 5000mah packs it carries a lot of speed and makes for really nice high speed tumbles and violence since, I assume, the additional weight helps it carry through the maneuver better. I have noticed that with 4s 4000mah packs it is a lighter flying plane, as expected. It does have a lot of the same flying character than my EF 48" mxs has, IMO. Obviously it "fly's bigger" but I would not consider it a floaty plane, but violent it is!

Thanks for the info., and write-up. It looks like a fun airframe, and I love the design/color scheme. If they run it on sale again, I'll pick one up and use a gasser in it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nahh, Just a coincidence with good timing :)
Been planning the sale for a while

Either way, good luck to both of you!
Landon, looks like it'll be a little while before I make it up there, as our Little Rock friends are coming down here in a few weeks. Any chance you'll be visiting Texas this spring?

Dang, missed that one. I even went to their website during Black Friday and Cyber Mon. and didn't see anything about a sale or free shipping. It's probably best, I have way too many airplanes sitting around ready to fly, and it would just sit in the box until something bit the dust or was sold.