• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Austin Texas 3D Bash

AKfreak

150cc
Heys guys just got home and was looking through the pics. Nice job guys. Lots of good photos. It was great flying out there. I met some awesome people, and Gyro....:tongue: I have some video but I'm to tired to edit it right now LOL. [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] I bought the Edge used for 1,900 and converted it from 6v that it was to 7.4volts which took some more spending. I actually bought a lot of stuff that didnt end up in the plane. I still have to get longer servo arms. I really like the plane a lot. Should be better with more throw also.

Hey Mike, what motor is in it?

I am pretty sure it was a DLE-111 which ran great after he retuned it for the lower elevation. Vess 27B prop. The Pilot Edges and Yak 54s are their standout airframes.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I am pretty sure it was a DLE-111 which ran great after he retuned it for the lower elevation. Vess 27B prop. The Pilot Edges and Yak 54s are their standout airframes.

Yep, thats whats on it. Runs strong at 25 pounds 4.7oz. Although I do have to re-weigh it because I changed some things, but should be around the same. Had to order 2" servo arms last night and 4.5in rudder arm because at 100% through with 1.50 arms I'm still missing a lot of throw.

AKfreak

150cc
Yep, thats whats on it. Runs strong at 25 pounds 4.7oz. Although I do have to re-weigh it because I changed some things, but should be around the same. Had to order 2" servo arms last night and 4.5in rudder arm because at 100% through with 1.50 arms I'm still missing a lot of throw.

Hey Mike, I am sure you have some hatcam of that baby. Can you share a bit of it for me. The moment I saw that thing, it's been on my mind. If it flys as good as it looks, it has to be an incredible plane.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Hey Mike, I am sure you have some hatcam of that baby. Can you share a bit of it for me. The moment I saw that thing, it's been on my mind. If it flys as good as it looks, it has to be an incredible plane.

Yep I'm doing some video work right now. I have to edit background music so I dont get tagged on youtube again. It fly's really well, first flight I was so comfortable, it was like I have been flying it for a week. No trim needed at all. I was jumping around smiling for awile

SnowDog

Yep I'm doing some video work right now. I have to edit background music so I dont get tagged on youtube again. It fly's really well, first flight I was so comfortable, it was like I have been flying it for a week. No trim needed at all. I was jumping around smiling ALL WEEKEND for awile

Fixed it for ya! ;)

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Second flight on my new Edge, unfortunately I didnt get a vid of the first flight which I think was the best. The next video 3rd flight is a little better. [video=youtube;Qlmryl77GKY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlmryl77GKY[/video]

SnowDog

Hey SnowDog it was great to meet you there. You were very busy I only seen you fly once LOL. What did you fix?

Yeah, I didn't fly much...I get nervous flying other peoples planes :)

I fixed your quote....changed "smiling for a while" to "smiling all weekend" :D

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
[video=youtube;5nAZHdV-cbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nAZHdV-cbc&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]