Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Awesome Video Thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Jetpainter, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

We went to the Byron Fly-in in 85 and 86 and my favorite airplanes in their Striking Back display were the 1/5th scale B-25's. They were awesome! 1/5th scale would have put them at around 160".

49dimes, stangflyer and WMcNabb like this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I've changed many plugs on a R985 before. The front are easy, the rear :mad: Have to remove oily baffles to get to them. The R985 is a single row 9cyl radial.... having extra rows... yuk!

4. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    That Super Corsair has a neat little factoid. They had to change one blade in the hub, so instead of making look like the others they left that one white. I used to have a coffee mug with that plane on it. used to :cryin:. Reminds me of another coffee cup I used to have with a hellcat painted with a sharks mouth... that one slipped out of my hands onto a concrete hangar floor.... :cryin::cryin: still miss that mug. I'm not sentimental but after that mugs last flight/crash... I've never owned a coffee mug with a plane on it.
    Now the only aviation mug I have says "God created aircraft mechanics so that pilots can have hero's too" and yes, it's at work :errrr:

5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Cool video which clearly illustrates the neat factoid.

6. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Hope this one is not a repeat...I’ve seen at least one video of the twin 400 Moki powered B-25 here, but think this is a different video.

49dimes, Snoopy1, Jetpainter and 3 others like this.
  7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Oh hey, way cool. That is just really mesmerizing.

Yup, one of the best videos of this amazing bird. But I really think the 400's are just almost not enough. Slap some bigger cc radials in that girl and watch her scoot. Beautifully crafted plane.

49dimes and HRRC Flyer like this.
  8. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

If I ever got brave enough to build a nice size Corsair, I would put that paint scheme on it. I have always liked it. My only second thought is that if I did that, it would not pay homage to the brave men who flew in them when it really counted.

I have to agree with Rob regarding that B25. It needs either larger engines or a different prop with better pull.

stangflyer and 49dimes like this.
  9. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    From my good friend Mirco...

10. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Amazing flying from Jase, as usual!!