• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Benches and Shop Setups & Storage for Model Aircraft

Bipenut53

150cc
I've seen stands like that, looks like they work great! Lol you haven't seen where I keep the rest of my airplanes.... I would be a good candidate for the show Hoarders lol although I have gotten rid of a bunch of them over the last year... Mostly given away to others.... I wait till they say "Oh that looks like a good one!" Lol

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I want to get rid of all of my glow and electric planes with the exception of a Big Stick which is good for egg drop, limbo and similar fun-fly competitions. That would thin the herd by 11 and still leave me with 5 gassers and a stick. Then again, there is a Giant Stick that would take a 30cc motor.....:rolleyes:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Bipe - I stood back and looked at my shop (spare bedroom) last night and thought, "looks like a hoarder lives here". So I began cleaning it. You shop just looks like you use it. Not bad at all.

I purchased one of these stands. It is on castors so I can move the plane around and sit down while working on it if I want to.

View attachment 36225

Where did you find this stand?

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I ordered them from a guy named Ronnie Garris. He has a couple of different models.
I can PM you his phone number and e-mail if you wish.
When I ordered mine back in December, Ronnie was about $70 cheaper than the above link.

001.JPG002 (1).JPG2 Arm  BenchTop.JPG3 Arm BenchTop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Man I really need to get my shop in order, it's nothing but a mess. A lot of it is mine, but then again a lot of it doesn't belong to me and was just thrown in there.

I've been trying to plan on rebuilding my bench to be straighter with a perfectly level surface too. Maybe with all of this rain we're supposed to get for the winter I'll get crackin' on it.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
LOL my shop is kind of in the same shape, a bit messy. However I am working on a rotating rack system for my aircraft. Need to figure out how I want the wings to ride with the fuselage as it rotates. Maybe underneath each aircraft in it's own carrier. Servo City has pretty much everything I need to build one. Going to be a real space saver and I'll be able to get them off the walls. Even going to incorporate my Heli's to it.

Last edited by a moderator: