• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best RC Simulator??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I've got an old version of a popular one but what's best these days other than that one that I wouldn't ever buy?

It would probably run on a MAC but a PC only version would work too. I've gotta get back in fighting form!

Thanks,

Bart

HELLFIRE

30cc
Astrohog;6889 wrote: THAT is the one that Bart would NEVER buy!!:msn-slapping:
LOL I didn't fully read his post so the slap is well deserved. But I still find it the best of the ones I've tried.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
HELLFIRE;6893 wrote: LOL I didn't fully read his post so the slap is well deserved. But I still find it the best of the ones I've tried.

which ones have you tried?

HELLFIRE

30cc
Bartman;6901 wrote: which ones have you tried?
I've tried Phoenix which I found was pretty good for helis but the physics for fixed wing just felt way off ( http://www.phoenix-sim.com )

Tried Aerofly .. my buddy had it. ( http://www.aerofly.com/afpd )

I've owned every version of Realflight from 4 up to the new 7 So far for what I'm using it for ( practicing and learning 3D maneuvers ) I find the physics the most realistic and feel is easily transfered to real flying. I guess I'm saying i find it way easier to transition what I have learned in the sim to doing it at the field with my planes.

SleepyC

150cc
All the forum wars aside, I was the RF offices several times and as much as it pains me to say this, RF is pretty awesome.

The guys that work there are dedicated and committed. Especially the head programmer Ryan, that dude is straight up an awesome guy.

The guy who does the Physics for RF is like a mad scientist. I was walking down the street with him and the programmers and he stopped to watch a guy smoke a cigar. You could see numbers flying out of his ears as he analyzed the smoke drifting in the breeze calculating the trajectories of each smoke puff. It was pretty interesting to watch.

That being said, I'll be hitting John up at OMP to get a fat new copy of Aerofly... :D

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
Both sims Real Flight and Aerofly will get you back up to speed. Both are good sims...both work great.

You still have to grab your balls and get out and do the real thing, there's no substitute.