1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Torque Servos - ProModeler PDRS420BLHV 420oz Brushless servo!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by SleepyC, Jul 13, 2015.

1. djmoose

djmoose 70cc twin V2

So....where does it say that these are made in the USA?

2. mmlong

mmlong 30cc

I have 5 of these on my PAU Edge. Its hard to tell why, but the plane flies really good for me. Its a good plane, a good motor(GP 61), and the servos get 'er done. I'm 70 years old having the time of my life!!!!

3. djmoose

djmoose 70cc twin V2

These servos are definitely interesting. I've seen them before and honestly didn't feel like taking a chance. (however the selective frugal-ness of my personality always has me wondering about things like this)

I'd like to see a ghoffman torque test.

I'd like more information about warranty and repair. Is there a warranty? Everyone says that customer service is so great...however, no one hass said if this dude services them...just sends out new servos....etc etc. Having someone's cell phone doesn't make me feel better about spending $700 on equipment.

I'd love for these to be awesome servos...let's see where this goes.

4. Matt

Matt Guest

Check the pervious page... Company owner posted his personal phone number! Call him if you don't believe what you read! Talk to him! He is a great guy! I hate the negative reactions but to each his own... They are made in Florida seems like USA to me... Oh well it's whatever just trying to keep people informed and tell about cool amazing products that are out there...

ChickenBalls and Jetpainter like this.
  5. Lojik

Lojik 70cc twin V2

I think Moose is just taking a safe stance on new products, which is the smart thing to do, i don't believe his comments are negative just pointing out things we haven't thought of or heard about yet.

Maybe the jbeech would be happy to enlighten us on their warranty and return policies as well as where the servos are made and how the torque tests were done

Naughty Monkey likes this.
  6. djmoose

djmoose 70cc twin V2

@jbeech
    Where are these servos made?
    What is the warrenty?
    Do you offer repair service?
    Have you ever done a torque test?

Thanks!

7. SleepyC

SleepyC 150cc

Yea guys, remember educating people about products is why sites like this exist. And when it's done in a non negative but factual way, it really helps people out. Moose asked some real questions that when answered may really help people make a decision. I have no issues with this at all. At the end of the day, it could actually really help out the servo seller!

Bbcorvette18, Lojik, Jlc and 3 others like this.
  8. 74ranch

74ranch New to GSN!

John Beech is a really good guy, I have 8 of those servos, plus some other models. I had four in a heli, now pulled them out because I went to electric and they would be an overkill. starting a Redwing 30cc 540 slick, may put them in that if not I have an EF 91 YAK I know they would work fine in. If you got questions just call him. if you don't get him, he will call you back. Its hard to beat the Chinese on price, but we can kick there a.. all day with service.

thurmma, dhal22 and Bipeguy03 like this.
  9. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I need to order a couple for testing. Maybe put them on a rudder and go fly hard.

10. Bipeguy03

Bipeguy03 150cc

Same here, when I get some bills caught up I think I'm going to outfit my PAU Extra with a set and go try to tear the wings off

thurmma likes this.