Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bill Hempels Team Edge still operating ?

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Dave1953, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Dave1953

Dave1953 New to GSN!

I have attempted to contact Bill Hempel's Team Edge about purchasing on of their kits several times via email without success. I can't find a telephone number on his website. Does anyone know if he is still in business and selling kits? It appears that his website hasn't been updated this year. Thanks for your answers.

Dave

2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I inquired about the extreme decathalon a few times but only got a response on the first email. He said mid summer arrival but never heard back from Bill.

3. Dave1953

Dave1953 New to GSN!

That's what I was afraid about. I sure would like to have one of his 40% Super Cubs but I'm not getting my hopes up. When a business has no published phone number I get to wondering.

4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

A friend of mine bought a Hempel 50% custom Cub. He spent a ton of money on it and when he got it, he was so disappointed by the craftsmanship and overall appearance. He had to work on it and throw more money at it before he could even fly it. Maybe the 40% will be better. I do know Bill has been doing a lot of full scale flying. Not so sure he has much, (if any) to do with the hobby these days. If I were to get a big plane like the cub, I would go Pilot RC Decathlon. My friends 180" is beyond impressive.

dhal22 likes this.
  5. Dave1953

Dave1953 New to GSN!

If he is not in business anymore it would be nice if he would either take down his website or at least update it telling people he is no longer in business. Getting people all excited about getting one of his planes only to be let down is not nice. Now I understand why there is no phone number listed. I wonder what happens when some trusting soul goes ahead and orders and pays for one on his website ? There are quite a few on youtube and they look pretty good. I have an affinity for the Cubs as I owned one about 10 or 12 years. I'm pretty much set on a Cub. Oh well, it ain't the first time I have been let down. Thanks for replying.

stangflyer likes this.

6. garlandk

garlandk 100cc

Ill get a hold of Bill and let him know... He has been flying a lot of full scale lately and been busy with his UAV job. Ill see what I can get out of him.

7. Dave1953

Dave1953 New to GSN!

OK, thank you. I will be waiting.