• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

REDUCED! BME102, freshly rebuilt by Tom at BME $445

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
if I did the trade I'd have to buy a 100cc to put in the Cap! you could just buy the engine and fly the Cap.....just sayin'

mmikeny

30cc
I'm thinking about it but I have a da 100 in it now.But I am setting up a 35% edge and was going to use all the stuff from the cap and sell the cap.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ok, no problem, i'd need an engine if i traded so it doesn't make sense just on that alone! :)

ok, re-read the ad.. muffs are there. If you could still take some pics of it, i'd appreciate it... and if it gets 'contested' i'm first in line! Thanks!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
adding photos of the engine

IMG_9368.JPG IMG_9369.JPG IMG_9370.JPG IMG_9371.JPG IMG_9372.JPG IMG_9373.JPG IMG_9374.JPG IMG_9375.JPG

les2097

50cc
Bartman, The ignition caps have the grounding wires cut/broken off... The plug wire braid should have a connector to be connected to the little bolts in the top fin of each head... or the caps have to be changed to metal caps... the ignition won't work as shown in your pictures...
Not a big job... but a job none the less... Bill Carpenter of CH ignitions used to charge me $50 to change a single plug cap...

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Intersting that you point that out, I was wondering as well why the caps seemed unusual but since the engine went to BME for a rebuild and once over by Tom I assumed they'd be fine that way. I'll email Tom to ask him about it and will post here whatever I find out from him. I could also just wire up an ignition battery and see if there's any spark when I turn the crank.....I'll have to try that.

I was telling Twangmaster in a private conversation (PC) that I'd be dumb to actually sell this engine as it's a quality 102cc engine and I'm only getting about $390 for it by the time I pay paypal fees and shipping!

Thanks!
Bart