Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Stevendavis, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Anyone build one of these? I have a kit to build and dle 30 on the shelf. I’d like to add a wing tube and maybe convert it to a Super Cub!

dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Where's the build photos?

3. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Possible winter project! I may build this instead of the PA12 this winter! Looking for some info on good mods.

4. dhal22

WMcNabb, pawnshopmike and Stevendavis like this.
  5. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

6. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Got started on the tailfeathers and I can see why people have issues with the die cutting! The plans also seem to have a stretch. But we'll see how it turns out. I also built a new S4 so they match up right. Also received the Super Cub cowl.

Attached Files:

dhal22, TonyHallo and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Bud Nosen was way out in front of the giant scale scene, was hard to find power for his birds back in the day, not like the selection we have today. Use what you can and make new where needed and post a lot of photos.

Stevendavis and dhal22 like this.
  8. dhal22

Going 4 stroke I hope.

lohchief and Stevendavis like this.
  9. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

I'll post lots of photos. It will be a slow build, as I have about 3 projects going at once. It will also take time for me to get all the extras I need.

WMcNabb likes this.
  10. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

DLE 30 :confused:

It's what was in my last 1/4 scale cub, and It's not earning its keep right now!

WMcNabb and dhal22 like this.