• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mini How-To Build your own portable charging case

gyro

GSN Contributor
So I just finishing building my first portable charger case. Pretty simple actually, anyone with a little spare time can do it.

I bought a Seahorse 530 case off amazon for $55 shipped. Also got a couple of 40mm grills, and some Velcro from Amazon for a couple more bucks.

Installed my nice Power24 power-supply from SolidHobby. The dual switched cord makes it simple to turn the system on and off, and easily plugs in from the outside.

I went with an awesome 1000w iCharger 306b and some 40a paraboards from BuddyRc. This is the perfect 6s charger for parallel charging, and gives the most bang for the buck with the 1250w power-supply.

For the "build" I just drilled a few holes for the power plugs and vents, used a dremel with a sanding bit to size them the way I wanted, and then installed everything with Velcro.

Everything fits nicely stowed until it's needed, and I can even leave the primary paraboard plugged in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396410978.058382.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396410962.372453.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396411010.670995.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396411020.109077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396411036.406563.jpg

Only thing left is to build a little tray to fit onto the built in lip on the case, so that I've got a spot to charge on. I'll post some pics of that after it's done.

If you've got questions about the products I used, hit up the vendor websites, or PM them here.
Solidhobby: [MENTION=486]jocanon[/MENTION]
BuddyRC: [MENTION=2589]GaryBuddyRc[/MENTION]

I really like the logo you put on your power supplies too

I agree, whoever help me come up with it sure did a nice job...who was that again, oh wait, I remember...it was you :) Hard to believe that was about a year and a half ago.