• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bulk Gasket Material

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I'd like to buy sheet gasket material big enough to say make a jug gasket for 50cc engines.

I was on a job recently and noticed some Palmetto gasket material.
The user said it was from McMaster Carr, but I can't find Palmetto there, and I don't exactly
know what I need.

Anyone here use anything like this?

Here's the Palmetto site --> http://palmettopackings.com/palmetto_gasket_sheet.html
On this job I saw Palmetto #2970 Supersheat II, but I don't know what the thickness was.

Thanks for any help.

Have a Happy Holiday Season!
Bob

Bob, just go to your local auto parts store , they should have several different types to choose from, unless you just have to have Palmetto brand

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
No, I'm not stuck on Palmetto.
It's just what I saw is all.

I'll give the auto store a try.

Thanks

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Tried some auto parts stores with limited success.

Did manage to find some Nickson 98001, but it seems to be exhaust gasket material.
Will this work for say a 50cc jug?

The company website isn't so user friendly as far as locating the part# for the material I found which was 98001
http://www.nickson.com/

If anyone has made their own jug or carb gaskets, let me in on the make and part number.

Thanks
Bob

Bob, I would think that you wouldn't have trouble finding gasket material in NJ but there really arnt any parts pros any more, so go to SummitRacing.com and search gasket material they have a good selection. What engine are you working on most of the popular engines have the gaskets available and cheaper and a lot less trouble

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I'll try Summit.

Right now it s a DLE 55 and I do have some gaskets, but the engine are not in production, and at some point I just may need
a gasket.

I'm in the shop in the wee hours because of my job, and have no real life.
When I need something, I need it.

The DLE 55 parts are still out there I know, and have a few.
Just want to have supplies on hand is all.

Thanks