• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

C/A hinges in Giant Scale Planes

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Have I got a link? lol
http://www.vogelsang-aeroscale.com/aerobond.html
http://www.kavanrc.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/IndexText/F0129E.html?E+Kav
There is another source here in the states but I don't remember who they are right now.
I actually had some of these a few years ago. Pretty much bullet proof. Just a pain in the arse to get. The Dubro flat pin hinges are dependable and strong. I am with everyone else Bart. Shy away from those CA hinges. I built a 96" Lanier Laser for a guy a number of years ago. That thing is a tank. And especially where you need the precision and accuracy of your control surfaces, definitely don't spread them away from the flight surface. Just asking for trouble. Take the time, do it right. You will be much happier with the outcome in the long run.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks guys!

sold a plane today which forced me to deal with my messy shop so at least I'm ready to go again. looking at engine options to shave some weight and still have performance. i'll just leave the hinges as they are and see how it flies.
love the airplane though, really looking forward to getting it in the air.

Terry B

New to GSN!
Glad to hear there are still some of the old Lanier Lasers out there in the world. I picked up an untouched kit last year and should get to the build over the winter. Might start a build thread here when I get started, mainly to see what suggestions past and current owners would have. Other than get rid of as much weight as possible LOL. There is enough lumber in that box to build a small house!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Glad to hear there are still some of the old Lanier Lasers out there in the world. I picked up an untouched kit last year and should get to the build over the winter. Might start a build thread here when I get started, mainly to see what suggestions past and current owners would have. Other than get rid of as much weight as possible LOL. There is enough lumber in that box to build a small house!!
Sweet! Looking forward to your build thread.:yesss: