• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Years ago I had a Super Hots my flying mentor helped me cut and build when I first started flying. I flew it with an old OS 61FP and it was a great plane for a recent graduate from the trainer and I absolutely wore it out. (Circa 1998/1999)

I haven't flown glow in years and the ole Super Hots isn't quite big enough for gas so I bought a set of Ultra Hots plans to build one of those.

Some of you know I have a faux kit company I call "Crappy Cut Kits" and it's really just a running joke but I do cut a few kits once in a while. Now I have all kinds of employment issues as my lead production worker is honestly kind of lazy, my marketer is terrible and doesn't know what he is doing, and some days I swear the quality assurance guy is blind. And the customer service rep honestly has no people skills. This is why it's just a faux company!!!!

But with that said here goes a thread about the old skewl design with hopefully a little modern flair and some lightening and control surface mods.

Here's a couple photos of an Ultra Hots for those that haven't ever seen one before.

G38 Ultra Hots Assembled.jpg
M0RDMkU0RTZCMUZDQjQwRDgxRjM6YTY2ZjdmZGU2NjI2YjFiZjM4MjhkOTRlOTg4N2ViYzk6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

Last edited:

capthis

70cc twin V2
So I'm sure your asking, what does he cut this stuff with?? Mostly the band saw. I LOVE the band saw
32525.jpg
32499.jpg
32503.jpg
32517.jpg
, but I also use the scroll saw where I need too as well. I also use a few different sanders, but mostly the belt sander as seen under some parts and for inside radiuses I love the spindle sander.